Art New York, presented by Art Miami, returns to Pier 94 for its fourth edition on Thursday, May 3 through Sunday, May 6, 2018 offering noteworthy and fresh works by important artists from the contemporary, modern, post-war and pop eras, and featuring paintings, photography, prints, drawings, design and sculpture. The highly anticipated 2018 edition will see more than 95 international galleries from 30 countries come together to represent over 1,200 artists, including CONTEXT, a platform for a selection of new and established galleries to present emerging, mid-career and cutting-edge talent.
The Fair will kick-off with an elegant, invitation-only VIP Preview on May 3 at 2pm, which will benefit the Joe Namath Foundation and Hope for Depression Research Foundation, before the fair opens to the public at 5pm.
Art New York will welcome both new and established collectors, curators, museum professionals and art world luminaries, who will discover a carefully-curated, rich-in-content presentation of investment quality artworks. The Fair will feature some of the most important 20th and 21st century works from artists including David Hockney, Josef Albers, Alexander Calder, Jean Michel Basquiat, Pablo Picasso, Roy Lichtenstein, Damien Hirst, Marc Chagall, Donald Judd, Ed Ruscha, Donald Sultan, Gerhard Richter, Andy Warhol, Edward Hopper, Keith Haring, Frank Stella, Anish Kapoor, Gavin Turk and more. Galleries at Art New York have previously exhibited at Art Miami, Art Basel, Design Miami, The Armory Show, Masterpiece, the Art Dealers Association of America’s The Art Show and more.
“We are excited to once again present a premium international contemporary and modern art fair,” said Nick Korniloff, Co-Director, Art New York. “As the most experienced fair producer in America, we provide collectors, private and corporate art advisors, curators and designers a wide breadth of important artwork from the 20th and 21st centuries that are available for acquisition, while also complementing all the activities of Art Week in New York City.”
Art New York will provide complimentary one-way Uber service to VIP card holders (registration online when validating VIP Card), as well as a shuttle service running between Art New York and the Frieze Ferry at East 35th Street. The Fair will allow complimentary admittance to all Frieze and TEFAF VIP cardholders.
2018 ART NEW YORK EXHIBITOR LIST
*532 Gallery Thomas Jaeckel |New York; 55Bellechasse | Paris; *Able Fine Art NY Gallery | New York; Acacia Gallery | La Habana; Adelson Galleries | Boston; *Analog Project Gallery | Philadelphia; Andrea Schwartz Gallery | San Francisco; Andreas Binder Gallery | Munich; ARCHEUS / POST-MODERN | London; *Art d’Aurelle | New York; Art Design Gallery | Guéthary; Ascaso Gallery | Miami; Avant Gallery | Miami; BLANK SPACE | New York; Blue Gallery | Delray Beach; BOCCARA ART | Monaco; *Cantor Fine Art | Venice Beach; Casterline|Goodman Gallery | Aspen; Cavalier Galleries | New York; Cernuda Arte | Coral Gables; *CGB Fine Art | Boca Raton; Christopher Martin Gallery | Dallas; *Connect Contemporary | Atlanta; *Contempop Gallery | Tel Aviv; Contessa Gallery | Cleveland; *Corey Helford Gallery | Los Angeles; Cynthia Corbett Gallery | London; CYNTHIA-REEVES | North Adams; DANESE/COREY |New York; David Benrimon Fine Art | New York; DEAN PROJECT | Miami Beach; *Donghwa Ode Gallery | Englewood Cliffs; Durban Segnini Gallery | Miami; Espace Meyer Zafra | Paris; FABIEN CASTANIER GALLERY | Miami; FREDERIC GOT | Paris; *Galería Casa Cuadrada | Bogotà; Galerie Barbara von Stechow | Frankfurt; Galerie Raphael | Frankfurt; *Galleri Urbane | Dallas; *Galleria Ca’ d’Oro | New York; Gallery 198 | Brooklyn; *Gallery Banditrazos | Seoul; GALLERY CART | Monaco; Gallery Henoch |New York; *Gallery Tableau | Seoul; GAMA GALLERY | Istanbul; Gary Lichtenstein Editions | Jersey City; Gilden’s Art Gallery | London; *Grosvenor Gallery | London; Habatat Galleries | Royal Oak; *HAVOC Gallery | Burlington; Hazelton Fine Art Galleries | Toronto; iPreciation | Singapore; *Juan Silió Gallery | Santander; *Kahn Gallery | London; LaCa Projects | Charlotte; LICHT FELD Gallery | Basel; Liquid art system | Capri; Long-Sharp Gallery | Indianapolis; *Lucia Mendoza | Madrid; Maddox Gallery | London; Mark Hachem | Paris; Markowicz Fine Art Gallery | Miami; Masterworks Fine Art Gallery |Oakland; McCormick Gallery | Chicago; *N2 Galería | Barcelona; Nikola Rukaj Gallery | Toronto; PLACIDO / SCOGNAMIGLIO | Milan; Projects Gallery | Miami; *Rebecca Hossack Art Gallery | London; Rosenberg & Co. | New York; Rosenfeld Gallery | New York; Rudolf Budja Gallery | Miami Beach; SHINSEIDO | Tokyo; *Simons Gallery | The Hague; SmithDavidson Gallery | Miami; *SPACE 776 | New York; SPONDER GALLERY | Boca Raton; STOA Gallery | Estepona; Tansey Contemporary | Santa Fe; Taylor | Graham | New York; Tresart | Miami; Vallarino Fine Art | New York; Vertu Fine Art | Boca Raton; *VK Gallery | Amsterdam; Wanrooij Gallery | Amsterdam; *Want Art Gallery | New York; Wexler Gallery | Philadelphia; *Z Gallery Arts | Vancouver; Zemack Contemporary Art | Tel Aviv. *Will be part of CONTEXT.
“Art New York will present an integrated selection of contemporary, modern, post-war and pop art alongside our CONTEXT platform with emerging, mid-career and cutting-edge talents to create a synergy between the different eras and styles,” said Julian Navarro, Co-Director, Art New York. “We have curated and redesigned the ambience and amenities for all of our guests, and the new design will present a fresh perspective that will provide our collectors with a premier experience.”
Fair highlights include:
- The Joe Namath Foundation and Hope for Depression Research Foundation will be co-beneficiaries of the Fair’s VIP Preview on May 3, 2018 from 2pm-5pm. Art New York looks forward to helping the prestigious foundations tackle two of the most important issues facing every demographic and generation of our society. For further information, visit joenamath.org and hopefordepression.org.
- Gary Lichtenstein Editionswill present a one-man show entitled “Multiple Layers” from artist Cey Adams where 30% of the proceeds will be donated to the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. Gary Lichtenstein Editions will dedicate their entire booth to the presentation of more than two dozen new and existing works from Adams, including the New York City native’s 2016 pieces Clark and Reese’s. Individual pieces are priced between $2,000 to $20,000. They will also present a special piece titled Diving into Hampton Water which is valued at $10,000, of which 100% of those proceeds will benefit the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. For further information, visit jonbonjovisoulfoundation.org.
- Vellum Projects presents Diana Wege’s Reject Violence Prints, which are part of a goal to end violence in our lifetime. Every September during International Peace Month, Wege has placed her anti-violence prints in select bus and telephone kiosks throughout New York City. The lithographs designed in bold block letters exhibit the power of street advertising in order to confront a more provocative message.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Jason Newsted will present an international exhibition of his contemporary art entitled “RAWK” presented by 55Bellechasse. Since debuting the collection at Art New York in 2017 as part of a group show, ROCKERS RAWK, Newsted has showcased RAWK at four fairs, and is now returning to focus on other work. Thirty percent of proceeds from the exhibit will be generously donated to the Perry J. Cohen Foundation. For further information, visit pjcf.org.
- Art Nexus Guided Tours will provide a unique opportunity to be introduced to the Fair and discover a selection of compelling artworks. The tours, which meet at the information desk, are available during show hours in English (Spanish upon request) and last for one hour. For tickets and further information, visit artnyfair.com.
- The Children’s Museum of the Arts Kids Center will provide hands-on art programming on-site for children ages 4-14. Young artists will be introduced to various art making techniques under the supervision of the Museum’s experienced Teaching Artists while their parents visit the Fair. To register and for more information, email Anna DuBose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art New York invites you to explore more than 1,000 works from the fair on Artsy. Save your favorite pieces at the Fair to a personal collection, follow artists, and connect directly with exhibitors to request pricing and availability. Visit artsy.net/art-newyork-2018.
HOURS, LOCATION AND PRICES
- Fair Hours: Thursday, May 3, VIP Preview, 2pm – 5pm; General Admission, 5pm – 8pm; Friday, May 4 and Saturday, May 5, 12pm – 8pm; Sunday, May 6, 12pm – 6pm
- Location: Pier 94, 12th Avenue at 55th Street, NY, NY, 10019
- Ticket prices: One-day pass for $25; Multi day pass for $55; Seniors at 62-years old; Groups of 10 or more $15 per person