Imagine the big picture, then give it all your energy in a momentous push for 90 Days. Energy expended towards an aim produces a result. The outcome depends on the quality and amount of concentrated energy spent. I say “concentrated” because life often pulls us in a hundred directions at once and our concentration gets diluted due to restrictions on time. There are simply not enough hours in a day. All our new years resolutions don’t stand a chance without a project plan put into action. The body you want, the idea you have, plans for your career, mastering Spanish grammar, finding love, and travel are faded notions by Valentines Day.
First come up with the design. Assemble a team. Outline the scope of work to make that design possible. Then plan out the project’s scope of work on the new calendar year, and… GO! I had so much success with “90 days to Husband #2” I’ve decided to do something similar and apply it to “Your Year by Design.”
I’m using my 15 plus years experience as an image consultant and lifestyle expert helping people have more pizazz, polish and become my own best client.
As I share my tips, you might find some of them useful for yourself.
I have always worked with a team of trusted colleagues, experts, designers, and coaches of various skills to give my clients the transformations and life makeovers they were seeking. Even those already at the top were seeking the elusive 10% to give them the winning edge.
By emulating the person you wish to be you will ultimately become that person. 2017 requires a very conscious approach. When you put a plan in motion things happen. But there has to be a plan and time devoted to the plan. When I wrote “90 Days to Husband #2”, I declared it to the universe in thought, ink and action. The universe answered back by sending me someone amazing.
For me, 2015 was about clearing out the building, knocking it down and drilling down to bedrock. 2016 was about adjustments in the design and reinforcing the earth to avoid future sink holes. It was time to lay foundation for the new structure. 2017 will see the tower rise, floor by floor. Now its time to bring in the team.
- Mindi Weinzaphel (@SayMindii) motivational life coach/speaker/beauty and fitness expert.
- Michael T. Cole, Instagram: michaeltcole5 , creator of the M5 fitness system that delivers almost effortless results!
- Angelica Molina, (@AngelicaMolinaMUA) my fabulous assistant. Support is great when one is on a mission to get things done!
- Tatiyana Kazaeva of American Beauty and Health Spa (AmericanBeautyHealthSpa.com)
If taking care of one self is important, a spa appointment is a logical first step to get into the right mindset!
I have a very clear vision of what I want the rest of my life to look like professionally and personally. Transformation is already in process. Sometimes the process requires an incubation period. It’s like when one passes a store and its facade is covered with a sign that says ‘Closed for improvements’, same idea! I have been quiet for some time only peaking my head out to let people know I was still alive or when I could not resist. Extroverts need an audience.
For my clients that needed a whole scope of work, it required we work together over the course of year. A year is a fair estimate for my plans to reach my goals. But I figured 90 days would get me off to a great start!
My New Years Goals are:
- Get into the best shape of my life.
- Give myself an update.
- Get my career goals in motion
- Finish a very special apartment renovation with my new partner, (The fruits of my labor from “90 Days to husband #2”) Crazy but true!
- White board wall in my office like a giant vision-board
- Wunderlist task App to move me closer toward my goals
- Outlook to carve out the time to get those tasks done. Having a structure in place helps carve out the time for the actions necessary to achieve your goals and set your self up for success.
- Xerveo http://www.xerveo.com/saymindii natural supplements along with taking their 7-Day Coffee Challenge as a kick off! Ever wish you could give your unwanted fat to someone who needs the calories? Now you can! A pound of food will be donated to the homeless for every pound lost! Please join me in taking their coffee challenge. I strive to become a skinny bitch!
- Nutrition. I started Kimberly Snyder’s Beauty Detox Lifestyle, http://kimberlysnyder.com ten months ago and am loving it! It helps me look good and feel amazing. Her philosophy is basically, you are what you eat, so eat things that make you beautiful from the inside out! Cleansing is ongoing. Her program also incorporates, yoga, her probiotics, a magnesium oxide supplement, “Detoxy Plus”, and great recipes that I often tweak and put my own spin on.
Nobody does it all by themselves, We all get help from somewhere once in a while to support the hard work it takes to achieve great results. I don’t cut my own hair or do my own taxes either. I learned from the ten years I danced professionally that good coaches are important to have a winning edge. We can not always see ourselves from every angle and the slightest tweak can often make a great difference.
So for the next 90 days I’m challenging myself and I hope you will join me.
Let’s see what we can accomplish in the first three months of the year and what headway we can make towards our resolutions. For updates and tips follow me on Twitter: @SamIsPolished #90Days
Facebook: Samantha von Sperling and Instagram: samanthavonsperling