MvVO Art Launches AD ART SHOW

Ex Broadway Baby and Sex in the City Star Cynthia Nixon Throws in Her Name as Governor of New York

Ex Broadway Baby and Sex in the City Star Cynthia Nixon Throws in Her Name as Governor of New York

Cynthia Nixon announced on Monday that she will challenge incumbent Andrew Cuomo for Governor of New York. The 51-year-old is planning to crush inequality in a campaign video asking how the state she grew up in could become the the “most unequal state in the entire country.” She went on to say “The top 1 per cent of New Yorkers earn 45 times what the other 99 per cent earn combined.” Ironically, she made it to that percent when working as the workaholic lawyer Miranda on HBO’s “Sex and the City,” which aired for six seasons.

Nixon voted for Cuomo eight years ago because she believed he was a “real Democrat”, but has said, he has since showed his “true colors”, by giving massive tax breaks to corporations and the super rich.
Nixon has already won a Emmy, Tony, and Grammy. For the last 17 years, Cynthia has been fighting for better schools and was a spokesperson and organizer for the Alliance for Quality Education, meeting with legislators. She has spoken out in Albany on numerous occasions and was honored at the Rev. Al Sharpton’s National Action Network’s Triumph Awards.  A lifelong Democrat, Cynthia is a outspoken advocate for LGBT equality. In 2010, Cynthia helped create Fight Back New York, to remove state Senators opposed to same-sex marriage. The campaign ultimately raised $800,000 and helped elect three new Senators in support of marriage equality. Cynthia worked with the Empire State Pride Agenda to fight for marriage equality in New York state, and traveled around the country to support similar efforts in Maryland, Washington, and New Jersey. In 2010, GLADD honored Cynthia with the Vito Russo Award, given to an LGBT figure in the media “who has made a significant difference in promoting equality for the LGBT community”. She fights foe women’s reproductive rights and is a breast cancer survivor,  educating women about the importance of early detection.

Her website includes #CuomosMTA, her stance on health care and mass incarceration.

Already this campaign has cause controversy as Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-N.Y.) supporter and former New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn apologized for comments she made to the New York Post about actress, activist, and New York gubernatorial candidate.
I guess “Sex and the City 3,” is definitely a bust.

 

News

Suzanna, co-owns and publishes the newspaper Times Square Chronicles or T2C. At one point a working actress, she has performed in numerous productions in film, TV, cabaret and theatre. She has performed at The New Orleans Jazz festival, The United Nations and Carnegie Hall. Currently she has a screenplay in the works, which she developed with her mentor and friend the late Arthur Herzog. She was the Broadway Informer on the all access cable TV Show “The New Yorkers,” soon to be “The Tourist Channel.” email: suzanna@t2conline.com

More in News

Gary Beach

Farewell Gary Beach We Will Remember You

Suzanna BowlingJuly 18, 2018

My View: Opening Night at the BIRDLAND THEATER – Music is in Good Hands Upstairs & Downstairs

Stephen SorokoffJuly 18, 2018

My View: One Of The Greatest Theatre Experiences Even If You Don’t Understand A Word (VIDEO)

Stephen SorokoffJuly 17, 2018

My View: Melissa Manchester!

Stephen SorokoffJuly 14, 2018

My View: New Year’s Eve Came Early To Birdland Last Night – Gunhild Carling

Stephen SorokoffJuly 10, 2018

My View: Leslie Kritzer- Half Jewish, All Guilt- Complete Entertainment

Stephen SorokoffJuly 9, 2018

My View: Let The Sun Shine In – HAIR Opening Night at Berkshire Theatre Group

Stephen SorokoffJuly 8, 2018

My View: Can’t Remember A Tune From A Musical? Here’s A Show You Can

Stephen SorokoffJuly 3, 2018
Gillian Lynne

Gillian Lynne, Grizabella Finally Says Good-Bye

Suzanna BowlingJuly 1, 2018