Award-winning actress Fran Drescher (“The Nanny”) and actor Christian Navarro (Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why” breakout star) are the latest performers to join the lineup of Broadway Sings for Pride’s 8th Annual Charity Concert “Revolution” on June 18th at The Cutting Room in New York City.
Among the starry line of TV and stage: Broadway/ TV star Frankie Grande, Project Runway’s Sam Donovan, a special 50th reunion performance from the cast of “Hair,”, and performances from cast members from “Frozen,” “Kinky Boots,” “Jersey Boys,” “The Lion King,” “Wicked” and more.
Broadway Sings for Pride will premiere their 8th Anniversary Benefit Concert at The Cutting Room in Manhattan. This star-studded event will be filled with singing (from pop to Broadway), stories, and surprises! The proceeds will benefit The Tyler Clementi Foundation, a non-profit organization committed to end online and offline bullying.
“Revolution” will be hosted by real-life couple Anthony Bowens (Pro Wrestler, Outsports, People.com) and Michael Pavano (Actor and Model). Most recently, the couple has founded Michael & Anthony on YouTube to a huge success which is seen all over the world.
The event will begin at 7:30pm at The Cutting Room (44 E 32nd St, New York). Tickets can be purchased at www.BroadwaySingsForPride.com or http://tinyurl.com/revolutionbway.
Performers and speakers scheduled to appear: Fran Drescher (Television’s The Nanny), Frankie J. Grande (Television: Celebrity Big Brother U.K., MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew, Broadway’s Mamma Mia! & Rock of Ages), Christian Navarro (Netflix’s 13 Reasons Why), Sam Donovan (Project Runway, Project Runway All Stars, fashion designer), the cast of Off-Broadway’s Afterglow, Ellyn Marie Marsh (Pretty Woman The Musical, Kinky Boots), Kevin Smith Kirkwood (Broadway’s Kinky Boots), Bre Jackson (Broadway’s The Book of Mormon, The Color Purple), Eddie Pendergraft (Wicked), Russell Fischer (Broadway’s Jersey Boys), Phindile Mkhize (Disney’s “The Lion King” Gazelle Tour, Vegas, Spain, Brazil), Daniel Errico (Best-selling children’s book author), Adam B. Shapiro (HBO Film’s The Normal Heart, Netflix’s Master of None), Desmond is Amazing (10-year old award-winning LGBTQ activist, drag artist), Robbie Rozelle (Broadway Records), Shefik (Invocation, Interviewer & Producer), Rebecca Larkin (Broadway’s South Pacific & Avenue Q), Matt Leisy (Off Broadway’s Sweeney Todd, A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder National Tour, Off Broadway’s The Fantasticks), Lindsay Cherin (NJ Idol, A Night of Future Broadway Stars), Tym Moss (Singer, Actor, Stage Host, Producer), Valerie Smaldone (5-time Billboard Magazine Award-winner, Radio personality), Haley Videckis and Layana White (out athletes), Mattea Conforti (Broadway’s Frozen, Matilda, Sunday in the Park with George), Jake Ryan Flynn (Broadway’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), Athan Sporek (Broadway’s Les Misérables, A Bronx Tale), Jack McCarthy (Finding Neverland), Connor Mills (Kinky Boots), Victoria Collett (Broadway’s (Waitress), Gabby Gutierrez (Broadway’s School of Rock, Matilda), Kristen Lovell (Trans in Action Founder, Filmmaker/Actress), Dr. Kevin Nadal (NBC’s Pride 30), Dina Marie Delicious (Actress/Model) and more!
Charles Santoro will serve as the musical director, arranger and pianist. He will be joined by David Cinquegrana on guitar, Joe Mankin on bass guitar and John Ferrari on percussion. Neal Bennington will produce the event and Robert Miele will serve as technical director. “Revolution” is made possible with the generous sponsors of The Pierre Hotel, International Spirits & Wines of Mount Kisco, Tony Seker, Coloring Broadway. Makeup and hair services will be provided by: Amy Sue Nahhas, Emma Berley, Marisa Mircovich, Geneva Fong, Maria Di Marco, Rayna Weil.
ABOUT BROADWAY SINGS FOR PRIDE
- We have raised thousands for the LGBT community. Our past shows have benefited: The Tyler Clementi Institute, The Hetrick-Martin Institute, The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center of New York City.
- Honors: Wagner College Citizen Alum Award Honoree, Long Island Gay and Lesbian Film Festival’s Non-Profit Organization All-Star Award, Tyler Clementi Foundation’s The Upstander Legacy Honoree Host Committee Member, and a four-time nominee for “Most Valuable Campaign” and “Most Valuable Organizer” from the New Organizing Institute.
- We have performed at: Mets Citi Field Pride, NYC Pride Events, Couture Fashion Week, Staten Island Yankees Richmond County Bank Ballpark, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, Splash Club, Bamboo 52, TADA! Youth Theater, The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Community Center of New York City, The TownHouse Bar of New York, & Barry’s Bootcamp, etc.
- Worked with over 300 Broadway/Theater performers.
- Launched in June 2011, BROADWAY SINGS FOR PRIDE has received support from Angela Lansbury, Andy Cohen, Kristin Chenoweth, Carol Channing, Channing Tatum, Neil Patrick Harris, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Bryan Cranston, Tim Gunn, Andy Cohen, Kathy Griffin, Bernadette Peters, Nathan Lane, Joy Behar, Wendy Williams and many others.