Healthy dieting is like a skincare regimen. You skip several of a day’s essential meals, things start to fall apart in a week’s time; your strength starts to wane, and health will be going down the drain. However, while millions of people around the world have been able to stick to diet plans, the debate on healthy breakfast keeps raging. There are also lots of questions that always come to the fore whenever diet plans like South Beach, Ketosis and Paleo are up for debate, and whether they accommodate morning meals has been a bone of contention.
This post will explore breakfast ideas, but before going into the details;
Why is breakfast important?
People who are busy would want to argue otherwise, that they do not see anything wrong with skipping breakfasts. And unless you hear from the real experts or request for a comprehensive write-up on this topic from my essay writing, you will also be tempted to head out to work without taking something for the stomach in the morning.
Well, it is true that most people have busy mornings and pushing breakfast down the pecking order is no longer a big issue. However, the question is: are they doing the right thing by skipping what many argue to be the most important meal of the day? According to scientists and nutritionists who, over the years, have been trying to strike a balance regarding the right time for the taking the first meal of the day, so many things have been put into disrepute. However, there have been universally binding conclusive ends as to why it is imperative to eat something in the morning. They include the following:
- Take breakfast within the first two hours after waking up.
- Your morning meal should be rich in calories (20-35%). Breakfast foods provide us with the energy we need to face the day (Brainpower).
- Include important sources of essential minerals such as calcium, Vitamin B, protein, fibre and iron.
- Including fruits and veggies in your breakfast are important because they are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Studies have also shown that people who skip morning meals containing the above supplements are likely to gain weight, and there is always a temptation to grab junk food before midday, which is likely to because of obesity and high blood sugar.
- Kids must take their morning meals more as opposed to adults who might want to skip doing so a few times a week. It helps kick-start and boosts cognitive abilities in children.
- A healthy breakfast will also help reduce the chances of acquiring high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- Families who share meals in the morning help inculcate into your kids, good eating habits, not to mention fostering unity and happiness.
Healthy Breakfast ideas
Now, here is a look at some breakfast ideas that will not only bliss up your mornings but also energize you for the day.
· Cereals and Bread
Taking a meal constituting bread in any of its various forms, or a bowl of cereals for breakfast is one of the healthiest eating habits to exploit. An oatmeal topped with milk or waffle sandwich topped with veggie salads before heading out does wonder to the body. It is always a good way of starting the day with zeal and energy.
· Fruits and whole grains: Oats, berries and dates, bananas.
Foods rich in fiber is good for your mornings, and here is where fruits and whole grains come into play. According to studies, women ought to take up to 25 grams of these, while men, on the other hand, should consume 38 grams. It does not only boost digestion but also lowers cholesterol.
Oat serving with muesli provides a quick breakfast option. Avocado and strawberry smoothie is also a good option for calcium uptake in the morning.
· Proteins options for breakfast
Kick-start your body metabolism with proteins such as beans. You can serve it with eggs or toast. The good thing about this serving is the fact that it is low on calorie yet rich in vitamins.
· Porridge serving
While it is a product of whole grain, taking a healthy serving of porridge with pearl barley toppings for a great smooth texture and plums for a pink hue reek of energy, good enough for you to face the day.
There are many meal options you can take at daybreak for a happy working day. Thus, students who want to craft a Ph.D. dissertation on dietetics have many areas to explore.