Do you worry about the words that you should utter in front of your fiancé? Wedding vow is by far one of the most crucial components of the wedding ceremony, and you certainly want it to sound impressive as you are going to tie the knot with the person you love. The composition of a wedding vow may take days and even weeks. What if you have no idea about what to write and how to express your feelings? Is there any helping hand ready to save you from the embarrassment? Of course, there is! Love movie quotes are always useful when it comes to creating a memorable speech. There is nothing bad in using other people’s words if you think they reflect your inner state fully. Somebody likes to share his or her own thoughts and ideas with the significant other; however, it may be hard to express your feelings and emotions and find the right words to deliver the message. These movie wedding vows can inspire you to write your own speech and help you express your feelings accurately.
Wedding Movie Quotes to Help You Create a Perfect Vow
Sometimes, brainstorming is not very helpful. Instead of wasting your time hoping to find inspiration by chance, look at the following examples of movie quotes about love and family.
- “You meet thousands of people, and none of them touch you. And then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.” – Love & Other Drugs
- “When you realize that you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible” – When Harry Met Sally
- “Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boasting or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It doesn’t take offense and is not resentful.” – A Walk to Remember
- “This is true love – you think this happens every day?” – The Princess Bride
- “Your friendship has been the most important of my life.” – Sense and Sensibility
These five statements will be the best to express your attitude and devotion to your fiancé. Try combining them with your own thoughts to get a unique and wonderful speech. You don’t have to take only one quote as a basis for your future speech, try several at once and combine them creatively. Anyway, you still have some other parts left. Your vow should contain promises and the reflection of your passion. The next list of wonderful wedding vows from movies will be sufficient to give you the right direction to write a good speech.
- “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. And to always know in the deepest part of my soul that no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find our way back to each other.” – The Vow
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – The Lord of the Rings
- “I will never stop trying. Because when you find the one … you never give up.” – Crazy, Stupid Love
These are great lines and wonderful expressions, but they may not reflect your personality and sound pretentious. If you have a good sense of humor, you would probably want to make your vow both touching and entertaining. Therefore, ordinary, lyrical words and quotes won’t fit you at all. The best way to compose a great speech for your wedding ceremony is to be sincere with your fiancé and be yourself. Look at these three funny movie wedding quotes and use them appropriately.
- “I’m your density. I mean … your destiny.” – Back to the Future
- “Marriage is like a tense, unfunny, version of Everybody Loves Raymond, only it doesn’t last 22 minutes. It lasts forever.” – Knocked Up
- “If you’re thinking of getting married, you must as well learn right now that you have to let women be women.” – Hello, Dolly!
Now you have enough material to choose great lines and get some inspiration. Use this possibility to put the words in an appropriate manner to say how you love your significant other. Start writing your vow by yourself or with the help of our following tips.
Writing a Vow is Easy
Using these funny and romantic movie quotes, you may start composing your perfect speech. Follow our tricks helping you to create a well-written, striking vow. They are as follows:
- Think about the overall tone of your composition.
- The best way to start is to give your own definition of love, relationships, and coupledom.
- Don’t forget about guests that will be listening to your vow as well. So, don’t tell any private things, leave them for a face-to-face conversation.
- As soon as you create the speech, it will be better to share it with your fiancé or a close friend. Thus, you will avoid embarrassment and get an unbiased evaluation that will help you improve your vow.
These tips will help you to find proper words quickly enough. However, if you still question whether movie quotations are good for your vow, read real wedding speeches of ordinary people. Who knows, maybe you will find something special in these examples.