The New Jersey Hall of Fame announces the 15 newest inductees to be honored at this year’s Induction Ceremony on May 7, 2017, at the historic Convention Hall in Asbury Park, New Jersey. The distinguished Class of 2016 currently includes:
- ARTS & LETTERS: Author Carol Higgins Clark and news anchor Connie Chung.
- ENTERPRISE: Businessman Alfred Koeppe and founder of NY Waterway Arthur Imperatore, Sr.
- PERFORMING ARTS: Singer, composer, actress, entertainer, and publisher Connie Francis, actress and TV personality Kelly Ripa, actor Ray Liotta, pop-rock musician Tommy James, and musician Wyclef Jean of The Fugees.
- PUBLIC SERVICE: Non-denominational spiritual teacher and activist Peace Pilgrim and United States Army officer Philip Kearny.
- SPORTS: Professional soccer midfielder Carli Lloyd, Olympian and Basketball Hall of Famer Carol Blazejowski, heavyweight boxer Chuck Wepner, and NFL Pro-bowler Rosey Grier.
- UNSUNG HERO: To be announced in April.
An all-star cast will take the stage of t the Paramount theatre in the Asbury Park Convention Hall on Sunday, May 7, 2017. Ceremony starts at 7:30pm.
The star-studded event will include speeches from current and past NJHOF inductees, surprise musical performances, and a Jersey Boardwalk themed reception.
Highlighting the ceremony will be a performance by the legendary Tommy James, who will also be inducted into the NJ Hall of Fame and presented by his friend Stevie Van Zandt.
American pop-rock musician, singer, songwriter, and record producer, Tommy James is best known for his hits, including “Hanky Panky,” “I Think We’re Alone Now,” “Mony Mony,” “Crimson and Clover,” “Crystal Blue Persuasion,” “Sweet Cherry Wine,” “Draggin’ The Line” and “Three Times In Love.” To date Tommy has placed 33 singles on Billboard magazine’s Hot 100.
Tickets for the Induction Ceremony are available at http://www.ticketmaster.com/ev
“We’re gearing up for another historic event in Asbury Park,” said Steve Edwards, President of the NJHOF Foundation Board. “The people we celebrate have overcome every imaginable obstacle and challenge. We’re so proud to be able to share the story of New Jersey’s greatness.”
Additional information about the New Jersey Hall of Fame can be found at: