One of the main concerns every homeowner has is the condition of the water in their homes. Of course, all municipal authorities claim to provide clean water, but a close look at what flows through the pipes paints a different story.
The risk of Untreated Water
Many people are consuming water containing residue of industrial waste, treated sewage, agricultural chemicals, lead and other metals, storm runoff and many other contaminants. While municipal council water is presumably clean, it is treated using chemicals such as chlorine, fluoride acid neutralizers and chlorine, among others. All these products in your home’s water are risky and this is where a whole house water filtration system comes in handy.
Why Invest In Whole House Water Filtration System?
As a homeowner, you are always looking for the best home improvement ideas and a whole house water filtration system should be a priority. The water flowing through this system is safer for drinking as it contains no pollutants.
This water also reduces damage to your plumbing and home appliances that would have been affected by scaling caused by minerals deposits. Your family will benefit from drinking clean water. Better still, you will cut the cost of home maintenance by reducing the amount of detergents required in washing and cleaning.
Buying the Best House water filtration system
The best whole house water filtration system also known as Point-of-Entry Systems such as the Aquasana water filter guarantees safety for your family and reduces costs in your home. They work by using science and technology. However, choosing the best from the crowded market can be a daunting task especially if you are doing this for the first time.
To find the best whole house water filtration system, consider the following:
- High level of efficiency: Look for a system that guarantees high levels of purification to ensure the water you are drinking is safe. A good water filter deals with many contaminants including rust, VOCs, chlorine and heavy metal.
- Certification: Go for NSF certified filters because they are highly rated and have met high industry standards.
- High capacity: Look for a filtration system that is able to handle the water capacity through your piping. The flow rate should be high enough to handle the water usage in your home.
- Ease of installation/ low maintenance: The best water filtration systems are easy to install and don’t require regular repairs and maintenance. The cartridges used should be easy to move meaning there is no need for special tools to install and uninstall.
- Odor and taste elimination: Some water filtration systems use Carbon filter media and other techniques to eliminate water odor and poor taste. This means the water you get from the pipe is refreshing and safe.
- High standards: When shopping, make sure you check how well a particular water filter performs in relation to NSF standards.
- Brand reputation: Take time to research the company behind the product. An established brand in this industry is better placed to make high performance products and boost the safety of your family.
Go on and choose the best whole house water filtration system to improve the well-being of your family and reduce the cost of home maintenance.