From finding a Wedding DJ London to picking out the right shade of green for the icing leaves on your wedding cake, remembering everything for your big day can be a struggle. Luckily, we’ve pulled together the ultimate wedding checklist to make sure you have everything from the moment you get engaged, all the way through to your big day!
- If you haven’t already, talk with your significant other and start a wedding folder or binder of all of the ideas you both agree on.
- Work out your budget! You’ll need to know this from the get go to know how much you can and can’t afford to spend along the whole run up to your wedding.
- Pick out who will be in the wedding party. People will start to question this the moment you get engaged! Save yourself the headache and plan this early.
- Start your guest list. Make a rough headcount and try and put this into a database so you can keep track the whole way through your planning. You’ll want to keep full details of who is and isn’t coming to the wedding so you know what to plan for.
- Book your officiant
- Reserve your dates and venues (check with important guests to ensure no clashes!)
- Start looking at photographers, your music for the reception, florists and caterers. Book it if you can!
- Throw an engagement party! Celebrate!
- Book your honeymoon!
- Start researching hotels for guests – or even you! – for your wedding night.
- Contact decorators if you need to rent anything for the ceremony or reception – including chairs, tables or a tent.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Book the Groomsmen’s suits.
- Check passports for your honeymoon if you’ll need one!
- Find your perfect wedding dress! Start looking and having fittings now to ensure enough choice for your wedding day.
- Choose the Groom’s Suit.
- Choose the bridesmaid’s dresses! Make a day of it with your bridesmaids if you can.
- Organise the legalities. Make sure you give at least 3 months’ notice to the registrar or priest/religious celebrant to be sure you have the date you want.
- Organise the invitations and send them out!
- Arrange wedding transport for you and for your guests for those that can’t get to the wedding themselves if the location is difficult to reach.
- Order your wedding rings!
- Rent any male formalwear that you still need.
- If you haven’t gotten your dress by now, keep attending fittings.
- Organise any gifts for guests that you want to give out.
- Organise your own gift list if you want to make one!
- Book in at a hairdresser and organise a hair trial.
- Book a make-up trial if you’re having a make-up artist for your big day.
- Have the final wedding dress fitting.
- Make any last minute adjustments that need notice.
- Finalise details for order of service booklets etc.
- Review final RSVP list and call anyone who hasn’t responded. Adjust details where necessary.
- Finalise details with your photographers to ensure they know which shots you would like and who you would like in them if possible.
- Give the venue and caterer a final head count.
- Create your table plan and organise any place cards.
- Call all suppliers to finalise arrangements!
- Pamper yourself. Manicure, massage, waxing, preening and prepping, you name it!
- Pack an overnight bag if you’re staying separate from your significant other the night before the wedding.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Drop everything off to the venue in the days before the wedding!
- Provide key people with emergency numbers for suppliers.
- Sort out your payments you still owe.
- Rehearse getting into your dress if you feel it’s needed.
- Rehearse the ceremony if you feel it’s needed.
- Get some sleep! You’ll feel better on your big day if you’re fully rested.