Windows are a very important part of any building. They also affect a building’s energy efficiency. You will be surprised to know that windows account for up to 25% of heat loss.
Thus, window installation is a great step towards improving energy efficiency and the overall look of your home. Interestingly, the majority of homeowners are often reluctant to invest in windows because they do not want to foot the bills associated with the cost of buying and installation.
If you are determined to replace your windows, you must ensure you choose the right windows replacement contractor. While it is true that you only need one contractor to execute the job at hand, the truth is that you need to do a comparison of bids from interested companies before choosing the company that fits into your specific project needs. Here are top four tips to help you find the best contractor to replace your windows:
- Establish the age of the business–You will do well to find out when the business was established. Generally, older businesses stand a better chance in terms of delivering your expectations. In fact, their age is a reflection of the quality of service they deliver. In most cases, satisfied customers usually fuel a business that lasts. It is even better when a business has several branches.
- Experience of the team–You need to do a background check to establish the number of years of experience that the installation expert has under their sleeves. While at it, you should also the check how well experienced members of their team are in accomplishing the task.
- Ask for quotes – The process of finding a replacement expert for your windows should be competitive. While going through thousands of quotes from different contractors may be cumbersome, they give you an idea of the duration of the task as well as the amount of money it will cost you. Therefore, do not hire the first installer you come across.
- Determine the turn-around time – It is paramount that you determine the turnaround time for your project. In most cases, this will usually be linked to the price quoted. Ultimately, you need to ensure that the quality of work is not compromised regardless of the duration of the project. The job must be done within a reasonable time frame.
- Response time–Once you have received quotes from different contractors, you need to send them an email or call them to see how fast they will respond to inquiries. In particular, you need to watch out for things like courtesy, professionalism and the extent to which the service is helpful. This is usually a good indication of how the company will communicate with you when you give them the contract to replace your windows.
- Referrals – You can decide to ride on the experience of your friends, relatives and neighbors by taking their word on who is the best through referrals. If they have had their windows replaced, then you could consider getting a bid from that contractor.
Ultimately, you must ensure that you get the best contractor to replace your window at a reasonable cost and within a reasonable timeframe.
Timothy Roberson is a leading expert in windows replacement. He has over 30 years of experience in this area and has worked with more than one thousand customers. He enjoys blogging about his work during his free time.