A furnished apartment is like a home away from home for a lot of people. It is one of the most popular choices nowadays amongst people who are looking for suitable accommodation in a foreign city. Apartments are best if you are looking for accommodation for a stay of at least a week. It is also recommended for both vacationers and business professionals.
There’s a variety of options and different types of apartments you can choose from. You can choose to stay in a studio apartment, a communal apartment, a loft apartment, a serviced apartment, or a penthouse.
But, what really sets them apart from other accommodation such as hotels, inns, hostels, bed and breakfasts, motels and lodges? Here are the advantages of renting furnished apartments when travelling:
- Access to amenities. Nothing beats the advantage of having special facilities and amenities that other accommodation can’t give such as a fully-functioning kitchen for personal use, gym or laundry service.
- Extra space. You can’t move around as much in other accommodation because there is no extra space. Apartments, on the other hand, guarantee that you can stretch out and relax with spacious living areas. You won’t feel claustrophobic when you stay in an apartment.
- When you are on a budget, it pays to search for accommodation that fits just right. Apartments give you the option to choose from a variety of different types so that you’ll get the best value at the right price. You don’t have to worry about having a large group of friends or family members with you. Apartments comein different shapes and sizes so there will surely be something for everyone. No matter how large your group is, apartments can fit you all in without a problem.
- Home ambience and features. It’s like you never left home when you rent an apartment. Apartments give you a pleasant and comfortable place to stay in while also making you feel relaxed whenever you settle in for the day.
- When it comes to touring a foreign city, location is everything that matters. You need a place that is near convenient transportation terminals and stations. You also need to be within walking distance of most of the tourist attractions and scenic spots.
Most of the time, apartments are located right in the heart of urban centres, so you’ll never have to worry about long commutes or traffic.
These are the things that make furnished apartments stand out from all the other housing options.
If you choose to rent a furnished apartment, double check if it comes with the essentials. For utilities and facilities, make sure you have heating, electricity, water, cable, internet connection and laundry area. For the bedroom, a furnished apartment will come with a duvet-covered bed, a nightstand and a closet with hangers. For the living room, it will come with couches, throw pillows, chairs, curtains and a coffeetable. And, for the kitchen, it will come with a microwave, a refrigerator, a stove, a dishwasher and other essential kitchen items and utensils such as plates and pans.
If you want to check out typical options, look at luxury Edinburgh apartments which are all fully furnished and ready for occupancy.