Modern day golf is more technically advanced than the way it was played almost a few decades back. During those days, golfers used to depend on their naked eyes and experience to gauge the distance to the next target flag. However, in this modern era, golfers use rangefinders that help a lot to find out the correct distance to the next target flag. These devices also measure the distance to various obstacles and the angles of hills to come up with a reading and you can find them on Golf Industry’s rangefinder page.
Tips To Use a Rangefinder Properly
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your rangefinder.
- Use Rangefinders Especially Designed For Golf: Using a hunting rangefinder on a golf course will not give you the type of results you may expect from such a device. Always ensure that you use golf rangefinders, which are designed to give you more accurate results on a golf course.
- Know The Limitations Of Your Device: In order to get the most out of your rangefinder, it is very important to know the limitations of the device you use while playing golf. The requirements of a GPS rangefinder and a laser rangefinder are different.
- Keep It Within Reach: Always keep your rangefinder at such a location which is well within your reach. This will help you get to it easily every time you need it.
- Practice Makes Perfect: The more you practice using the rangefinder the better you will get at using it on a golf course. Aim it at different objects at home and in your backyard in order to practice.
- First Try Will Never Work: Never make the mistake of expecting your first attempt with a rangefinder to work like a charm. It takes hours of practice and tons of patience in order to master the device to work smoothly on a golf course.
- Utilize The Modes And Apps: Inability to lock onto the pin or failing to get proper distance reading on your rangefinder does not mean that you may just throw it on the ground. Use the different settings and modes of the device to get the reading you wanted.
- Watch YouTube: On YouTube you will get tons of tutorial videos on using rangefinders that can teach you the way these are supposed to be used and ways to counter problems while using it.
- Read the Manual: Different rangefinders come with their own user manual, which will tell you how to use the device and also teach you about the different features. Reading the manual properly will help you a lot in using the device properly.
- Do Not Take Negative Reviews Seriously: Most of the negative reviews about rangefinders are due to user errors or an unlucky chance of getting a defective unit. Try yourself and then decide about its usefulness.
- Don’t Get Dependent: Using a rangefinder on a golf course can be great fun. However, do not get dependent on the device even though there are great budget options available. Old age golfers did not have such devices to help them on a golf course.