Most people are not aware of the fact that they can make their verandah look amazing with just a few styling tips. These tips go a very long way when it comes to increasing the face value of your home. All the following tips are affordable, and they ensure that you get positive first impressions at the first look-
- Decorate with plants – When you are looking for home improvement tips, plants help you to increase the décor of your house to a large extent. There are succulents and flowers that you can plant in the verandah and make it look gorgeous. When it comes to your home improvement needs, you do not have to go to the local nursery to hunt for the right plants for your home. You can make use of plants that are low in maintenance that can be purchased from online websites with success.
- Candles and lanterns- If you are fond of sitting on your verandah in the evening with a cup of tea or coffee, do not forget to decorate it with candles and lanterns. You can also make use of fairy lights. They make verandahs look stunning in the evening, and you are sure to receive compliments from neighbours when you light those candles, lanterns or fairy lights to make your house glow!
- Porch swings- If you have space in your verandah you may go in for a porch swing. This will help you beautify the place and allow you to enjoy the bright morning or evening breeze daily. There are many cosy and comfortable porch swings available for your verandah, and with them, you can make your space look and feel amazing.
- Add colour with a mat- You can infuse vibrancy and colour in your verandah with a rug made of jute, cotton, wool, leather etc. There are several mats available in the market with patterns and textures to create dull spaces look alive. You may also opt for a polypropylene mat, however, ensure that it is protected from the weather elements like rain and snow. Keep the carpet inside so that it does not get wet and soggy.
- Home décor items- You can add to the beauty of home décor items that are available in the market. There are wall hangings and other decorative items that you can place in your verandah for an amazingly cosy feel and look. You can go in for some fantastic personalised signs that you can put in the verandah for a welcoming look. You can also make the verandah look warm and welcoming with a fresh coat of paint on the deck matching the interior décor of your home with success.
Home improvement experts today suggest that if you have a dull verandah, you can make it look beautiful and fantastic with the above cost-effective styling tips. Remember that your home is an extension of your personality and so when it comes to its care and maintenance, ensure you look after the front verandah as well!