A person gets a job after a round of interview process. So once you get a job offer and you made up your mind to join the company it is a matter of gesture for sending the job acceptance letter to the employer. Writing job acceptance letter is not mandatory but if it goes right it will create a good impression on the mind of the employer. However, if the letter goes wrong then it will create a bad impact on the employer and as such, it is very important to write the letter with extreme caution. Many people search for the best letter template on the Internet but the problem is the pre-built template does not fit in every situation. So, in this article we have come up with some important tips that you must remember while writing a job acceptance letter:
- Placing the name and date in the proper place: When you will write the job acceptance letter it is very essential that you maintain a high level of professionalism. So, in job acceptance letter you should place your name, address, contact details in the top left corner. After that, it is also important to insert the date of the day when you will submit the letter. Below the date, you should put your hiring manager’s name, his designation, company name, and company address. Just like any other professional letter, it is also very essential to maintain proper salutation in the job confirmation letter. So, you should use salutation ‘Dear’ and then the last or first name of your hiring manager.
- Thanking the employer:It is very important to thank the employer for selecting you and giving you the opportunity to work for the company. Thanking the employer indicates your willingness to accept the job offer yet it is important to specify it clearly that you are accepting the offer. Generally, it is observed that people used to give a long notice period to their previous employer before they actually join the company. It may also happen that the hiring manager who had supported you during the entire process of recruitment may leave his job. So, through the job acceptance letter, you also get the opportunity to thank the interviewer who had supported you and whom you may not meet any more after your joining.
- Confirming the details of the job offer: Writing job acceptance letter is also important because it gives you the opportunity confirm all the essential details of the job offer, such as the agreed salary, your position in the company, your supervisor, your leave details, your benefits or your job starting date. It is very essential to clear all the terms and condition of a job offer and with the job acceptance letter you can clear all the questions that you have in your mind and helps you to avoid any nasty surprise down the road. Apart from that, if you want to know some more detail about your role in the new company you can request the hiring manager to give some information about that in advance so that you can prepare yourself during the entire notice period.
- Specifying any special consideration: It may happen that you have a pre-planned holiday or vacation which you have already arranged months ago and which cannot be avoided. Under that circumstance, you should clearly specify about your planned holiday in the job acceptance letter that you will need to take leave on that particular period. Generally, it is seen that employer honors such kind of plan and allows the candidate to avail the leave. But nobody will like if you inform the employer after your joining. So, in case you have such a plan, you must clear it to the employee before joining preferable in the job acceptance letter.
- Proofreading the whole letter: Once you completer the job acceptance letter you should proofread the letter so that there are no spelling or grammatical mistakes in the letter. These kinds of silly mistakes will give you a bad impression on the company. So, it is very important to be extra careful while you write the job offer letter.