Elliptical machines have become very popular today because they are low-impact, which means that your joints don’t have to suffer, and they burn a lot of calories too. Not only do you work your lower body but your upper body as well, and with this machine, you can improve muscle tone and shed off the excess weight.
In order to rank the elliptical machines, the following factors have been taken into consideration:
- Cost –The cheaper models are basic, standard models are pricier but have more features and the elite models are top of the range and the price tag is also quite high.
- Space – You can opt for a compact model or a bigger model depending on how much room you have.
- Durability – This particular factor is dependent on the resistance and brake system of the machine and the flywheel’s weight as well.
- Console features – This is based on your personal preferences.
- Warranty – Depending on the model, the warranty can be short or last through 5 years.
The top rated machines of 2017 include the following:
- Bowflex BXE116 & BXE216 – The starting price for this one is $1,499 and it boasts a number of features including a warranty of 2 years, eleven pre-programmed workouts, multiple resistance levels (25), can be synced to the Bowflex App, the stride length is generous, is Bluetooth-ready and comes with ready financing.
- Bowflex Max Trainer – This one starts at $999. Using it for only 14 minutes every day will give awesome results. It has a smooth motion and comes in 3 models. The design is compact, and it is affordable and sleek. The warranty is quite generous.
- Sole Fitness E95S – This elliptical machine goes for $2,199.99. It has multiple adjustable features and is among the elite machines. It is not compact so you need a bit more space for it. It has varying levels of resistance, an adjustable console and stride, a large LCD screen that can be adjusted and a lifetime warranty.
- Proform Hybrid Trainer – If you are on a tight budget, this $399 machine is for you. It can go from an elliptical machine to a recumbent bike in just 3 steps and comes with sixteen preprogrammed workouts. It is Bluetooth-ready, has a large LCD screen, cushioned adjustable pedals and a 5-year warranty on the frame, and s 90-day warranty on labor and parts.
- Nautilus E614 – This trainer goes $598. With twenty two pre-programmed workouts, it is quite a steal. It has an LCD system and large footplates, and it provides a very smooth experience. The warranty on the frame is 10 years, on electrical is 1 year, on labor is 90 days and on mechanical is 2 years.
- Sole Light Commercial E98 – This elite machine goes for $2,499 and comes with a number of technological upgrades. It has Bluetooth connectivity, an adjustable 10.1-inch screen, excellent speakers and a heavy flywheel. It comes with 20 different elliptical paths to make sure you have an intense workout. The warranty is five years on electronics and parts and two years on labor.