The city of Dubai is a commercial hub in the Middle East. Its skyscrapers are world-famous, but out of the many, the Burj Khalifa stands out. Its spice souk and gold market are visited daily by hundreds, and likewise, its gold souk is quite popular as its shops feature some really exquisite designs.
Dubai is a shopper’s paradise due to its large number of shopping malls, which feature goods from all over the world. This city attracts hundreds of tourists every year because it is an exciting place to vacation. Fly Dubai Flights offers a low-cost means of arriving in this city with your family.
A Look at Eight Traditional Emirati Dishes That You Must Experience
While touring it, you will be visiting restaurants to have various meals of the day according to your preference. However, eating the food you like regularly is not exciting, so you need to try out popular local dishes that are spicy and aromatic. Here is a look at some traditional Emirati dishes that are a must to enjoy while vacationing in Dubai.
- Rigag is a very simple dish, usually enjoyed at breakfast. It is a very thin flatbread that can be enjoyed with many accompaniments, such as honey, jam, cheese, and eggs. It can also be infused as such into meat dishes to give them more volume and taste. Made from just flour, water, and salt, it can be prepared quickly and enjoyed whenever you feel hungry.
- Try the Shakshuka, which is a dish made using tomatoes and eggs. Making it is quite simple, as it involves sautéing various vegetables in olive oil, to which tomato puree is added along with honey. Once this has come to a boil, the eggs are broken onto its surface, which is lightly mixed into the broth, while the yolk is left undisturbed to become perfectly poached.
- When you want something heavy and flavorful to make you full, you need to enjoy the Marooga. It is a dish that is an interesting mix of various species, soaked Arabic bread, different kinds of veggies, and tasty meat. It is best paired with rice, as it is in the form of a thick broth. It’s a dish that you can enjoy on different occasions as well.
- If you love pancakes, then you would surely not want to miss out on the chebab. It is a fabulous cake dish that is made in the traditional way of making pancakes in this part of the world, which is by using yeast. However, it is not a plain dish, as it has saffron and cardamom sprinkled into it. Topped with honey, it is a delicious snack, a breakfast dish, or something that you would take with you to the office for a small lunch or a picnic.
- Majboos is a very Emirati dish that is traditional to the core and quite filling as well. It is a rice dish that is loaded with veggies, meats, and nuts. As it has the most exotic spice mix, it is quite aromatic. It can be prepared quickly, and it is usually accompanied with a salad to make it a satisfying meal that the entire family can enjoy. Instead of using white rice, it can be made with red rice, lime juice can be added, and meat can be fried brown before being added.
- Try balaleet, which is the Middle Eastern way of making noodles, and it is usually served at breakfast with an omelette on top. This dish makes use of vermicelli noodles, which are sautéed and then cooked in water till they are soft. Sugar is then added to make it sweet, and rose essence as well as cardamom and turmeric are added, which give it a lovely taste and aroma.
- If you like sweet cakes, try out the Khanfaroosh, which is a lovely doughnut dessert that can be enjoyed in the evenings with tea. It is made using wheat flour, sugar, rosewater, saffron, cardamom, baking powder, and eggs. The dough is shaped into small round cakes, baked, and turned into soft, spongy cakes.
- Robeyann Nashif is a lovely dish made from shrimp, which is a must-try for those who love fish food. This one is easy to make as the juicy shrimp is cooked slowly with loads of spices, making it very relishing. It is spruced with loomi, curry leaf and bezar, and enjoyed with rice.
Reach lovely Dubai to take a break from your hectic work-life by booking tickets on low-cost Fly Dubai Flights. Enjoy these delicious dishes during your stay, which are tasty, healthy, and filling. A fun-filled family vacation is incomplete without trying out these wonderful food items at traditional restaurants with your family.
Countdown to Christmas: A Sweet Treat For Christmas and Chunakah
24 days to go! Every year people panic to find the perfect gift. We at T2C have been collecting idea’s all year long to bring you the perfect gift guide at all price levels. When you’re at the end of your rope trying to find the perfect Christmas present this year, come to this guide for some great suggestions.
I am starting first with Chanukah which starts December 7th. Here are great little surprises and treats. First up are these festive Chocolate Dreidels ($14) are handmade with the finest chocolate, and filled with milk chocolate gold-foiled Gelt coins for a surprise inside that never disappoints. They make a great addition at any Chanukah celebration everyone will love! Each Dreidel contains 3 coins. Gluten Free. Kosher Certified.
Then there are the adorable Menorah Pops. At $4.95 its a sin not to indulge.
Their unique selection of Chocolate Gift Boxes, Towers and Gift Baskets stand out among New York’s discerning chocolate enthusiasts. We loved the box of 30 Chocolate Mini Presents at $25 these bite-sized solid premium milk chocolates wrapped in Italian foil are perfect for filling stockings or party favors. Gluten Free. Kosher Certified.
Li-Lac Chocolates are fresh, gourmet chocolate hand-crafted in small batches for exceptional quality and superior taste. They also come in dairy free, sugar free and Kosher certified making them perfect for the family. These chocolates are creamy, tasty and so delightfully sinful.
Handmade in Brooklyn, not only are you supporting a local business but freshness is guaranteed.
Li Lac Chocolates are now my go to chocolate place for gifts.
Ziploc and Milk Bar Host Holiday Mixer
It was the holiday mixer that hit all the sweet notes.
Milk Bar founder Christina Tosi and Ziploc hosted a fun interactive holiday party at the New York City Milk Bar flagship location on November 29. Attendees at the special affair got to hear Christina’s tips and tricks for the holiday season, as well as see Ziploc’s latest innovation, the Stay Open Design bags.
“Ziploc bags have been a favorite tool of mine since I started baking because they are so versatile and easy to use. From rolling out and freezing dough to ensuring my baked goods always stays fresh, there’s no shortage of ways that I use Ziploc® at home and in our bakeries,” she said. “The new Ziploc® Stay Open Design bags help give me an extra set of hands in the kitchen. As soon as I tried them, I was immediately reminded of mixing puppy chow in a Ziploc® bag as a child, and I knew this would be another perfect collaboration.”
Teaming up for the release the bakery’s first-ever, limited-edition take on “puppy chow” dessert – Ziploc x Milk Bar Holiday Mix – is a perfect way to start December. Perfect for festive gatherings, hosting gifts, stocking stuffers, family road trips and long sessions on the couch watching holiday movies, the offering features popular holiday flavors, including corn square cereal, white chocolate, cookie butter, sprinkles, and sugar cookie pieces.
Each bag of the Ziploc® x Milk Bar Holiday Mix comes pre-packaged in a quart-size Ziploc® Stay Open Design storage bag. Ziploc®‘s latest innovation helps ensure the contents will stay fresh and easily snackable thanks to a cuffed opening and patented stand up bottom that keeps it upright and open for filling and sharing with confidence. For the month of December, pick up a bag at the New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles Milk Bar stores for just $7, plus tax, while supplies last.
And, for anyone in NYC, starting December 1, you can also book the perfect holiday activity, a build-your-own holiday mix-making experience! Attendees will learn Christina Tosi’s tips and tricks with the Milk Bar expert bakers and walk away with a gallon-size bag of holiday mix gifting for their own enjoyment.
For those not located near a Milk Bar store, don’t worry! Milk Bar and Ziploc® are sharing the exclusive recipe for free on both of their websites – a wonderful opportunity for a festive home activity with friends and family. Ziploc® also created a one-stop shop, to easily find all the ingredients needed at Amazon, Target or Walmart, including Ziploc® Stay Open Design bags that allow for easily folding, filling, scooping and snacking.
Photos by AP for Ziploc®
Lifevine Brings a Sparkle to Your Holiday Party
Lifevine is a wine that is oh so fine this holiday season for all the right reasons.
If you are looking for an alternative for drinking this holiday season look no further than these incredible bottles that will forever find a place in your home.
The wine brand with zero sugar is a wine lovers dream. All in the brand’s portfolio is excellent in every single sip and it feels oh so good to know it is one of the first wines to list both serving facts and ingredients on the bottle. They believe in providing you the transparency you deserve so that you can make the best choices about what you put in your body.
As the company states, “We set out to produce a wine to fit your active lifestyle. We wanted a wine that offered excellent taste, purity, zero sugar* and full transparency. That is why we created Lifevine. We are committed to the highest level of transparency because we believe you should know what’s in your wine. Beyond zero sugar*, we want our wine to be free of harmful toxins and pesticides, without compromising quality or flavor. For this reason, we lab test all of our wines and submit them to a 3rd party standards organization to certify and award for things like organic and purity.”
Your holiday parties are set to buzz with delight with such an amazing alternative that tastes great and will not make you feel guilty the next day.
Varietals include Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and more. Lifevine is lab tested for purity, certified pesticide free and committed to label transparency.
Here is to your perfect holiday with Lifevine.
Park Terrace Hotel, Hotel Chocolat and Ofreh
We miss the fireworks at the Bryant Park Christmas Tree lighting ceremony but we did watch Ofreh sing Christmas (Baby Please Come Home). Click here to hear her husband Andy Karl singing “Sleigh Bells”.
Did You Know You Can Have Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Did you know Tiffany & Co. has the Blue Box Café on the fourth floor nestled within The Landmark, store Tiffany’s 5th Avenue. Inspired by the iconic Tiffany’s heritage, Daniel Boulud, opened a charmingly elegant café that offers three signature culinary experiences for elevated daytime dining.
You can order Breakfast at Tiffany’s | $59. This includes a plain Croissant, Oranais and apricot danish, Madeleine a french butter cake, Parfait Framboise Hampton’s granola, raspberry coulis, Pineapple Rosace with kiwi, lychee, pomegranate, vanilla, lime, Egg In A Shell scrambled egg and caviar. To drink a glass of Golightly, carrot, orange, pineapple, mango and ginger.
There is also Holly’s Favorites | $34. This includes a Croissant, Jam, Fresh Fruit Juice and cafe or Chocolat Chaud.
Tea At Tiffany’s| $98. This includes
egg & watercress
cucumber, dill & cream cheese
smoked salmon “bagel”
chicken curry & mango chutney
corned beef, mustard & pickles
Scones: traditional scones, jam and double cream
Cookies: canelé, madeleine and coconut rocher
spiced cranberry eton mess
dulce de leche éclair
dark chocolate & orange cube
Your Choice of Belloc Tea: assortments of black, oolong, green, matcha, white, and herbal teas
and a glass of Champagne.
Hervé Rafflin, Brut NV | 30
La Caravelle, Rosé Brut | 35
Ruinart Blanc de Blanc Brut | 70
There is also a Seasonal Menu which has Caviar, soup, salads, quiche, Salmon, baked eggplant, lobster salad, duck terrine, pasta, black angus cheddar cheeseburger, brioche potato bun, french fries and an assortment of desserts.
Have I made you hungry yet? Well head to Tiffany’s for the perfect upscale holiday treat. Maybe, just maybe you’ll also be able to get some shopping in as well.
Vineyard’s “Scene Partners” Gets Stuck Between Floors
Countdown to Christmas: Give The Gift Of Relief From Pain
Make Me Gorgeous Tells Of One Man’s Authenticity
Romantic and Meaningful Love Quotes For Her To Help Win Her Heart
How to Take Advantage of Virtual Numbers for SMS
Entre Institute Review – Is Jeff Lerner’s Program a Scam?
Out of Town5 days ago
“The Father and the Assassin” Enlightens and Questions at the National Theatre, London
Food and Drink3 days ago
Lifevine Brings a Sparkle to Your Holiday Party
Events5 days ago
Reverse Manhattanhenge Brings Magic To Manhattan
Broadway5 days ago
Can’t Wait For Boop To Come To Broadway
Broadway4 days ago
Broadway’s Harmony Sounds Great But Lacks Emotive Power
Events3 days ago
Park Lane New York & Moët & Chandon Bring Snow Bunny Delight to Darling
Events3 days ago
Art Basel Events Coming Up
Entertainment4 days ago
Bryant Park Tree Lighting and Andy Karl