Investing in appliances for your home is highly essential, especially to homemakers. These aren’t just a display at your kitchen or living room, they’re a hard-working machine that runs ‘round the clock, whether it be a stove that works to provide you food on the table or a refrigerator to offer you fresh food and drinks.
If we were to look back at the timeline of appliances, we would realize that it has taken a big part in our everyday lives for years. From toasters to air conditioners to washing machines to refrigerators, the list could go on. People cannot imagine their lives without these appliances as it makes their lives easier, especially as we are now living in the 21st century.
With all this being said, each appliance has its lifespan, that depends on the maintenance provided for each one. There are many ways you can extend the life of a machine, which people tend to overlook. Knowing the proper maintenance can surely save person money and time.
Here are some of the maintenance tips for the three major appliances used in a home.
Tampa based appliance repair specialists point out that the refrigerator is one of the most used appliances and the largest consumer of energy. Proper maintenance of a fridge will not only extend its life but also reduce energy consumption.
Below are some of the tips on how you can maintain your refrigerator
- Manually defrost the refrigerator/freezer
- Clean the interior
- Clean the condenser coil twice a year
- Clean the rubber door seal, which is known as the gasket
- Wash removable shelves
Can you imagine life now without a stove? Probably not as this is the second highly used appliance in a home. Maintaining one does not only extend its life but it also gives you a piece of mind that what you are cooking on is clean.
Here are some of the tips on how to maintain a stove.
- Clean exterior and interior
- Clean stove top with vinegar or baking soda to remove grease and grime stains
- Look under the range hood/exhaust hood once a month and wash the grease filter (if possible)
- Wipe spilled food with a soft cloth
- Soak burners in soapy water if the flame shows orange rather than blue
- Washing Machine
The washing machine plays a big part in people’s lives as this keeps your clothes clean and smelling fresh. However, there are still countries that wash their clothes the old fashioned way but we have to admit that utilizing a washing machine makes our lives so much easier.
Knowing the below tips will surely help you in the long run.
- Check the hose regularly for cracks and leaks and replace every three to five years
- Wash away soap residue by washing the inside of the washing machine
- Do not overload it
- Keep the washer lid/door open to let it dry and smell fresh
- Keep distance between the washing machine and the wall to prevent the hose from folding
These are only three common appliances out of many. Properly maintaining each one would not only extend their lives but also would give you a piece of mind of the cost of replacement, time and effort.