It is only when you choose one of the best tarps you will be able to get the proper worth of your money. Cheap tarps bought from a dollar store will fall apart in a few years after you use it for a couple of times. Therefore, stop buying these cheap tarps to get the actual worth of your money.
However, choosing the best tarps is not easy as there are lots of different types of tarps available out there. A few of these are quite expensive but may not provide you with the best protection, if at all that is. High-quality tarps will specialize in a specific task, and therefore, you should take some time to find the right one that will suit your needs. The best types of tarps are:
- Vinyl tarp which is waterproof and is resistant to mildew, rot and acid.
- Canvas tarps are breathable and waterproof, and the blended canvas and polyester tarp is a couple of times stronger than the traditional canvas tarps.
- The truck and field tarps are bigger and come in a large variety with sturdy grommets to secure these.
- Mesh shade tarps useful to keep cool in summer and provide a lot of shade. Made from heavy-duty polyethylene material, these tarps help create a shady spot on your patio.
- Poly tarps are heavy-duty, fire retardant, acid-proof and waterproof that is good for both indoor and outdoor use.
All these tarps will last a long time and look good providing you with your money’s worth.
The features to consider
Now that you know the best types of tarps, you should know the features to consider before you buy one for your need. It can be for covering:
- Outdoor furniture
- Truck beds
- Camping gear
- Temporary shelter
- RV cover and even
- Hauling dirt and debris from construction sites.
To choose the best tarps, you will need to consider different features such as:
- Quality: It should be of high quality, comfortable to handle, durable, built form good material and proper thickness.
- Type: You can choose from different kinds of tarps made from various materials such as poly tarp, canvas tarp, vinyl tarp and PVC tarp and each of these come with different features, functionality, pros and cons.
Consider the size of the tarp and even make custom tarps if you want extra coverage and protection.
Also check these features
In addition to the above, you should also look for other features in the tarps so that you can make the right choice.
- Thickness is an important thing that is measured in mils that is 1/1000 part of an inch.
- The layer is another important factor that will indicate how long a tarp will last.
- The shade is the next important aspect that will indicate how much the tarp will be able to block the sun.
Also, check the waterproofing ability as well as protection from mold and mildew formation. Irrespective of your purpose, it is vital to make sure that you get all these features right.