Every year people panic to find the perfect gift. We at T2C have been collecting idea’s all year long to bring you the perfect gift guide at all price levels. When you’re at the end of your rope trying to find the perfect Christmas present this year, come to this guide for some great suggestions.
Ok so you forgot to get that perfect gift. No worries give your loved one the gift of flight. At iFLY dreams of flight becomes a reality. Become a part of something bigger than yourself. You’ll fall in love with the sensation & the freedom that comes with floating on air and when you do, there’s a new & exciting sport of indoor bodyflight to become involved in.
The entire first time experience usually lasts between 1-2 hours and consists of the following:
- After arriving at the tunnel and checking in you will have the opportunity to watch others fly.
- Your personal instructor then takes you through an introductory class where learn everything you need to know for your first flight.
- After your class you gear up using equipment provided by the tunnel. You’ll wear a jumpsuit, helmet, goggles, and earplugs.
- You rotate (take turns) flying with the other people in your group.
- You fly at least twice in a one-on-one environment with your instructor. You’re shown the basic movements and allowed to fly on your own.
- During this time spectators can take photos/videos and most tunnels offer professional photos and videos of your flight.
- Most locations offer high flights where your instructor flies with you takes you flying much higher than you can fly on your own.
- After your flight you de-gear, talk with your instructor and get your media.
While you might be browsing a 2 or 4 minute package, you can see that indoor skydiving is much more than a 2 minute experience. I’ve had the opportunity to fly thousands of first time flyers. I can’t remember a time when someone didn’t come out of the tunnel with a satisfied smile on their face.
As a first time flyer we recommend that you fly at least 2 minutes. More time in the wind allows you to learn to control your body without assistance. You can quickly become independent. For your first experience the maximum recommended time is generally around 6-8 minutes. 4-5 minutes per person is the sweet spot.
Wind tunnels have allowed us to create an endless freefall situation. To reference this to tandem skydiving – the average freefall is no more than 1 minute.
Most tunnels will provide videos and/or photos of your flight session. Most tunnels have a spectator area so those watching can also take photos and videos of your flight.
After your first flight, there are often times deals for flyers to return and fly again. This varies tunnel to tunnel. Check and see what the tunnel you plan to fly in offers. Some locations may also offer leagues/clubs which can provide an affordable way to fly with a bonus social side!
Tunnel time is extremely valuable for skydivers. Skills learned in a wind tunnel translate over to the sky. Often tunnel time should be considered when calculating the costs of new skydiver training.
For those who are serious about their wind tunnel training, we suggest you begin to search for a wind tunnel coach and purchasing block time. Normally block time or coaching is sold in larger blocks, the average being 10-15 minute sessions with rotations (breaks between flights).
For skydivers or avid tunnel flyers, this provides much more time in the wind to learn. This is generally one of the least expensive ways to fly – block time varies between tunnels and depends on if you are seeking coaching or not.