Any picture with your pet on it will always be beautiful. Regardless if your furry friend is posing inside a studio or playing around in a park, his picture will always look good no matter what. However, this doesn’t mean that you can simply pick any picture and hand it over to a professional to have your dog’s picture painted.
If you want to achieve the best results for your dog’s paintings, you have to careful on the picture you choose to use. Several factors should be considered whenever you’re going to have your dog’s picture painted -working with a professional who can do the job for you is one. There are already a lot of businesses who offer this kind of service like Colour Pet Studio.
Here’s how you can choose your pet’s photos to be immortalized through paint:
- Only choose large, high-quality pictures.
With the advent of technology, several devices can be used to take pictures of your dogs, you can use your smartphone, tablet, laptop, and even GoPro. If you have been living with your dog for years, it’s safe to assume that all of these devices are already full of your dog’s pictures. When sorting out which picture to choose for your dog’s paintings, only choose those which are high-quality.
While you’re at it, consider the following tips:
- Using a low-quality picture will make it hard for the artist to copy your dog’s facial features, which can adversely affect the aesthetics of the painting. You’ll end up paying for a painting which doesn’t look like your dog. Pictures which are pixelated, blur or too dark shouldn’t be included of your options.
- If you don’t have any high-quality pictures of your dog, opt to have it taken by a professional photographer. Don’t use any picture just for the sake of doing it. This will only be a waste of time and resources.
- Be keen on the colors and shading of the picture.
Aside from the quality, the colors of your picture can also make a difference in your dog’s painting. If your dog’s picture is too red or too blue, he’ll likely look the same in his painting. This can get worse if you’re planning to have the artist zoom in your dog’s picture, as every detail can be obvious. Carefully assess the picture of your dog and make sure that every color looks right.
The following tips can help you during this process:
- There are a lot of photo editing programs which can help you adjust the color and tone of your dog’s picture. Regardless of whether you’re an amateur or professional in digital photo editing, there will always be a program which fits the bill. You can also utilize the World Wide Web in looking for tutorials on using these programs.
- Black and white pictures are always a classic but when for your dog’s paintings, this is a big no-no. Using monochrome pictures will make it hard for the artists to get your dog’s details such as the eyes and nose. This is especially true if your dog’s furs have different colors.
- Don’t use overly-processed pictures.
As mentioned, technology has impacted everyone lives one way or another. While Photoshop has helped budding photographers in their craft, you need to think twice about using the same application in your dog’s pictures. Photoshopped pictures, if done incorrectly, can create unrealistic alterations and can result in unrealistic pet paintings.
Instead of using photoshopped pictures of your dog, pay attention to these:
- As much as possible, the picture you use should highlight your dog’s natural habitat. For example, if your dog loves to play with leaves, take pictures during autumn or when your dog is in the park. If your dog often interacts with other dogs from the neighborhood, ask your friends to bring their dogs in your lawn. You want your dog to be natural in his pictures so his painting will also look natural.
- You should only use pictures which you want to see in real life. Remember, the pictures you use as a reference can make or break the aesthetics of your dog’s painting.
Dogs Love To Be Spoiled
Dog’s aren’t just accessories to any households; today, dogs are considered as friends and even as part of the family. Some people might even treat dogs as their own child, spoiling them with all their needs and wants. So if you want to showcase your dog in the most creative and unique way possible, have his picture painted as soon as possible. Your dog’s painting can become an eye-stunning décor to every room in your home – just make sure that you’re using the perfect picture for this purpose!