It’s that time of the year! You have to buy a present for someone. It may be his birthday, graduation or Christmas. Irrespective of the occasion, you need your gift to be the best. That is the thing about great gift selection, no matter what day of the year it is, a great present stands out. It keeps the person close and the memories closer.
Choosing gifts for boys can be daunting. You cannot gift them board games and remote controlled cars and hope them to go gaga over it. There was a time when boys loved Pokémon cards and Chinese checkers, but those days are long gone. Now, their world revolves around video games, online gaming, sports, TV series, pop music, movies, and storybooks. Thanks to the increased exposure to popular media, it is easy for boys to decide what they precisely like and what they hate. So, unless you want your gift to be a surprise, you should take a sneak peek at their Christmas wish-list. You can even speak with their mom and dad to find out what their boy has been dreaming about off late and includethat in the possibility of gift selection.
However, we don’t always get so lucky to get a hint from the recipient or their parents. We have to take a blind shot at it right before their birthday or Christmas. Here is a list that can help you find out what might make you the star gift-giver of the evening–
- Sports– does he like sports? Not all children love sports these days, but if he does you can select sports themed lights, mugs, backpacks and sporting gear for the child.
- Action figures– with the renewed craze for DC and Marvel superheroes, you can go the extra mile and gift them collectible action figures. Kids can either play with these or keep them as a part of their superhero collection.
- Music – picking something musical can be tricky. Children listen to a lot of bands and artists these days. iPods, iPads, and PCs have given them access to several media platforms. You can buy the premium membership of a music site or a collectible record of a band.
- Video games– you might not know what games he is playing, but if you frequent their home, you might have an idea what consoles he uses. Nintendo Switch, NES Classic, Nintendo 2DS and PlayStation editions are some options if you are looking towards splurging.
- Gift cards– people believe that gift cards are lousy gift options. When you do not know what he likes, it is smarter to give him the opportunity to shop for himself. You can choose between Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, Netflix, Nintendo and movie gift cards for him.
The act of sharing gifts is just an excuse to show someone how much you love them and think about them. Choosing a gift for someone you know is much easier than picking out something for a coworker’s son or your child’s classmate. If you have the option, speak with the child and find out about his hobbies before you go gift shopping.