Tennessee Williams’ Something Unspoken and Susan Charlotte’s The Hairdresser will happen live At Theatre 80 St. Marks on June 28, 2021 at 2:00pm. The will also be zoomed “live” out to the world, with repeat zoom performances on the weekend of July 10 & 11. A Q&A will follow with the cast along with special guests including Louise Lasser and Valerie Smaldone.
Now in its 21st year, continues celebrating the oft-neglected one-act play and theatre at its best with Award-winning actors, writers and directors, with two plays that revolve around…secrets.
Tennessee Williams’ Something Unspoken is a brilliantly humorous vignette of the social maneuvers of a wealthy Southern Spinster.
Set in a hair salon, Susan Charlotte’s The Hairdresser tackles such significant issues as mortality, aging, and loss, with much deeper secrets revealed as the emotionally charged interchange progresses.
The shows will be directed by FFTP’s resident director Antony Marsellis, and there will be a Q&A following with the cast and led by FFTP Founder/Playwright Susan Charlotte. Special ‘Zoom’ guests include Louise Lasser – who performed in a production of The Hairdresser with Stephen Schnetzer; and one of the most recognizable voices on NY and national airwaves, as well as an outspoken advocate in alerting and educating women on the perils of ovarian cancer, Valerie Smaldone.
The June 28th, 2:00pm performance will be available live via Zoom as well as a limited in-theatre ‘audience’ who will be part of a documentary being filmed on FFTP. The entire FFT series will be presented at Theatre 80 St. Marks. Tickets for the ‘live’ performance are free to first-come patrons, who have agreed to be part of the documentary on FFTP. All social distancing precautions will be respected. There will be a medical professional onsite to check temperatures and audience members must wear masks and have recently tested negative for Covid-19. There will be a nominal charge for the streaming. For those who can’t make the zoom on Monday, the program will be repeated on Saturday and Sunday July 10 & 11. For additional information and tickets please contact FFTP at: 646-366-9340 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Wars Fans In NYC Got An Advance Viewing of Ahsoka
Disney’s new series Ahsoka, is a Star Wars spin-off from the series The Mandalorian. Taking place in the Samoa the animated series Star Wars Rebels. The series follows Ahsoka Tano as she investigates an emerging threat to the galaxy following the fall of the Empire.
Rosario Dawson stars as Ahsoka Tano, reprising her role from The Mandalorian. The character was originally created for the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Ahsoka, made her live-action debut in the second season of The Mandalorian. Lars Mikkelsen reprises his Rebels role of Grand Admiral Thrawn.
Ahsoka is scheduled to premiere on August 22, 2023, with two episodes. It will consist of eight episodes, and is scheduled to conclude on October 3.
Star Wars fans got a sneak preview in Times Square Thursday night.
Meet Ernie Anastos A Man With A Positive Outlook
Ernie Anastos is a legendary New York Emmy Award winning television news journalist. He is the celebrated host and creator of “Positively America,” a nationally syndicated show and a popular talk show host in New York on 77 WABC, America’s premier talk format radio station. His programs are designed to inform, educate, entertain and inspire viewers with interviews and positive news you can use. Ernie’s amazing career spansseveral decades as a leading anchor at WABC-TV, WCBS-TV and WNYW-TV in the most diverse city in America. He is also the distinguished author of inspiring books for young readers.
In 2020, Ernie enrolled at Harvard Business School to focus on a leadership and management strategy curriculum to further his extensive communications background and credentials. This educational program has contributed to his role as a leader and influential voice in the world of media and entertainment. Successfully completing all courses in 2021 he was also chosen for a specialized distinction award.
As a creative entrepreneur, Ernie has top professional management experience in multiple media platforms. They include; broadcast ownership of FM and AM radio stations in New York and New England and president of his own television production company. He has also performed on-camera roles in many popular Hollywood motion pictures.
A dynamic New York Hall of Fame Broadcaster, Ernie has an extraordinary record of achievement. He has won more than 30 Emmy awards and nominations and received the prestigious Lifetime Emmy Award, the highest honor given for his outstanding and personal accomplishments in the television industry. Nationally, he has substitute hosted ABC’s Good Morning America and CBS This Morning.
Respected by New Yorkers and his colleagues, Ernie has covered major stories that shaped several decades, including the 9/11 World Trade Center attacks and the 2020 Coronavirus pandemic. From inside Cuba he reported on Fidel Castro’s reign and interviewed other world leaders including; Presidents Jimmy Carter, George Bush and Bill Clinton, Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev and South African Bishop Desmond Tutu.
A Phi Kappa Phi honoree, he graduated Summa Cum Laude from Northeastern University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Sociology. He holds Honorary Doctorate degrees from Marist College, New York Institute of Technology, Manhattanville College, Curry College and Sacred Heart University. He is also profiled in national registers which include, The International Who’s Who of Intellectuals.
EMMY AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS
- Lifetime Emmy Award: Honored for Highest Professional Achievements
- Host/Producer Original TV Series: Positively Ernie, WNYW-TV
- Outstanding Single Newscast at 10, WNYW-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Single Newscast: London Bombings, WNYW-TV
- Reporter Outstanding News Story: Heart Stop Teen, WNYW-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Coverage: The World Trade Center Bombing, WCBS-TV
- Excellence in Writing: 9-11 Firefighters, The Edward R. Murrow Award, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Single Breaking News Story: New York City Blackout, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Single Newscasts: City Hall Shooting – Ready for War, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Single Newscast at 11: 9-11-02 Anniversary, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Transit Strike Team Coverage: WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding News Special: The Rodney King Verdict, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Single Newscast: Channel 2 News at 11, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Coverage of a Single Breaking Story: Flight of 5050 Crash, WCBS-TV
- Reporter Outstanding Program: Uptown, Downtown, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Single Newscast: Puff Daddy Not Guilty, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding News Special: Hurricane Hugo, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Single Newscast: Channel 2 News at 5, WCBS-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Documentary: Alcohol in Best Neighborhoods, WABC-TV
- Anchor Special Coverage: Liberty Weekend, WABC-TV
- Reporter Outstanding News Special: Death of John Lennon, WABC-TV
- Anchor Outstanding News Special: Freedom of the Press, WABC-TV
- Reporter Outstanding Special Report: The Poison Water, WABC-TV
- Reporter-Anchor Outstanding News Special: Hurricane Gloria, WABC-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Newscast: Eyewitness News at 11, WABC-TV
- Reporter Single Breaking News Story: Death of Nelson Rockefeller, WABC-TV
- Reporter-Anchor Outstanding Live Coverage: Women’s Games, WABC-TV
- Anchor Outstanding Single Newscast: The News at 10, WWOR-TV
- Reporter-Anchor News Special: Presidential Inauguration, WWOR-TV
- Reporter-Anchor Outstanding News Special: Caring for Your Parents, WWOR-TV
- Reporter-An American Journey: WWOR-TV
- Reporter-Celebrating His Life: WWOR-TV
- Reporter-Outstanding Continuing Coverage: Death of JFK, Jr., WWOR-TVSPECIAL HONORS
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor Recipient
- New Yorker of the Year Manhattan Chamber of Commerce
- Inducted Hall of Fame New York State Broadcasters Association
- Anchorman of the Year National Broadcasting Society
- National Father of the Year Award
- New York City Police Honor Legion Recognition
- U.S. Marine Corps Honorary Service Award
- Puerto Rican Family Institute Honoree
- Member Inner Circle Organization of New York
- New York Fair Media Council Honoree
- Event Host The Bowery Mission, Juvenile Diabetes Foundation, Variety Children’s Charity
- St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters Outstanding Award
- Distinguished Citizen New York Medical Society
Look for our interview with Ernie in the coming week.
Jamie deRoy & friends’ TV Show Announces Special Tribute to Sheldon Harnick
On Monday, August 7 at 8:00 p.m. on Spectrum HD Channel 1993 and Verizon FIOS Channel 37 show business tour de force and 12-time Tony Award-winning producer Jamie deRoy’s long standing TV show aptly titled Jamie deRoy & friends, telecast will honor legendary lyricist, Sheldon Harnick, who passed away on June 23, 2023 at age 99.
deRoy, along with co-host Barry Kleinbort intertwine archival footage, anecdotes and special performances by Christiane Noll, Bonnie Langford, Kleinbort, and deRoy’s interview with Sheldon Harnick, from a 2010 Primary Stages evening at 59E59. Musical Direction by Paul Greenwood.
Song selections include:
Christiane Noll – “When Did I Fall in Love?” (Fiorello)
Barry Kleinbort – “Annatevka” (Fiddler on the Roof)
Bonnie Langford – “Sunrise, Sunset” (Fiddler on the Roof)
Music by Jerry Bock and Lyrics by Sheldon Harnick
The Jamie deRoy & friends Variety Show has been on the air for over 30 years. The program airs every other Monday at 8:00pm on the Manhattan Neighborhood Network (Spectrum HD Channel 1993 and Verizon FIOS Channel 37). The show is directed by Barry Kleinbort, and produced by Russell Bouthiller.
Live From Times Square Wonderama
Wonderama is back, filming live from Times Square. Host Emmy nominee David Osmond and his and co-hosts Coco and Breezy Dotson are back with Burke Brickner, Lady Dragons, Kelvin Dukes, Qbone, Brooklyn Queen, Dr. Bernice A. King, Arizona Lindsey and Felipe Salines to liven up the Big Apple.
The beloved classic television show is bigger than ever in an unprecedented collaboration with the Times Square Alliance, the iconic program will stage a grand live production in the heart of New York City at Duffy Square and feature their larger than life Wonderwall on the screens of One Times Square, home to the famous New Year’s Eve Ball Drop.
The show record 26 exciting new episodes for Wonderama’s 2023-2024 television season.
Executive Producer Chuck Armstrong praised the high-caliber talent set to grace the show this season, stating, “The talent this year is absolutely amazing. We’re thrilled to bring some of the hottest new bands to our stage, including New York rockers Platinum Moon, South African sensation Stefan Benz, and the incomparable Sophia Angelica.”
This new season promises to deliver a dynamic fusion of cultures, showcasing a variety of musical styles in one of the world’s most visited locations.
Wonderama has long been celebrated for its ability to bring joy and entertainment to families across America. This season’s unique combination of talent, location, and live performances further solidifies its position as a leader in the television entertainment industry.
The taping will be
If you would like to be a part of the show for the new season of Wonderama you must be
between the ages of 8 and 15 and click here.
Wonderama is a time-honored television show renowned for delivering top- tier family entertainment. With a focus on showcasing diverse talent and fostering family fun, Wonderama has long held a cherished place in American hearts. After a successful re-launch, the show continues to grow in popularity, bringing joy and entertainment to a new generation of families in over 90 million households each week.
Stratford’s @Home Arrives On Streaming Platforms
MEDIA RELEASE: Stratfest@Home launches on Apple, Android, Amazon, and Roku
June 26, 2023… The magical power of the Stratford Festival has arrived on the world’s most-watched streaming platforms including iOS/tvOS and Apple TV, Android/Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku. With the new Stratfest@Home applications, audiences can enjoy award-winning stage productions, exclusive behind-the-scenes content, audio plays, and original programming on their favourite devices.
In addition to launching six new applications and a re-imagined web version of Stratfest@Home, we are also welcoming back high-demand titles and an exciting library of new releases. Also, The Miser joins 1939, All’s Well That Ends Well, Death and the King’s Horseman, and Hamlet on the long list of filmed performances to be released via the Stratford Festival’s streaming platform, Stratfest@Home.
- Serving Elizabeth (2021)
- Twelfth Night (2012)
- The Tempest (2010)
- Caesar and Cleopatra (2009)
New to Stratfest@Home:
- RIOT (World Première) – Filmed stage performance by Andrew Moodie Productions
- URSA – A Folk Musical by The Uncommon Folk Collective
- BOUND (Coming Soon) – A Handel Opera Hybrid by Against the Grain Theatre
- Julie et l’univers (Coming Soon) – A Dance Feature by Citadel + Compagnie
- Identity (Coming Soon) – A Song Cycle by Against the Grain Theatre
- Beware, Beware, My Beauty Fair – A documentary by the National Film Board of Canada
- CBC films of our 1970s and 1980s Stratford Festival productions!
Timed to the launch of the new Stratfest@Home, is the Stratford Festival’s first original podcast: Director’s Notes. The season’s directors share their artistic vision and talk about the work that goes into the creation of each production – the perfect pre-show warmup followed by post-show reflection. Director’s Notes is available on Stratfest@Home, Apple Podcasts, and Spotify.
Subscriptions to the new Stratfest@Home are just $7.99 a month and give one access to the best in Canadian digital theatrical productions, including the Stratford Festival’s acclaimed Shakespeare films, selected productions from our past seasons, exclusive behind-the-scenes videos and podcasts, and original, award-winning digital content from around the world.
‘The Art of Code Switching’ Brilliantly Showcases Don Hershman World of Art
The Glorious Corner
Recognizing Yom Kippur
Romantic and Meaningful Love Quotes For Her To Help Win Her Heart
How to Take Advantage of Virtual Numbers for SMS
Entre Institute Review – Is Jeff Lerner’s Program a Scam?
Ken Fallin's Broadway2 days ago
Ken Fallin’s Broadway: Dracula: A Comedy Of Terrors
Out of Town2 days ago
The Innocence of Seduction Will Seduce You
Out of Town2 days ago
“speaking of sneaking” Spins It’s Queer Folktale Web Fascinatingly at Buddies In Bad Times Toronto
Events2 days ago
The Argyle Theatre Encore! Gala and You Are There
Events2 days ago
The Pepsi 125 Diner
Celebrity19 hours ago
The Glorious Corner
Events19 hours ago
Metropolitan Opera’s Opening Night Live In Times Square
Events19 hours ago
Recognizing Yom Kippur