Granite countertops are not just a trend but known for both its functional and aesthetic features as bathroom or kitchen countertops. Instead of the traditional usage of stainless steel, laminate, or wooden countertops, many of the new are homemakers and now mainly using granite countertops. Here, let’s discuss nine features of granite countertops for which you would like it.
Nine reasons why you should a choose granite countertop
- Aesthetic appeal: Granite is a material which has a visual appeal, not just as the flooring, but to be featured at many another critical area of your home. Granite comes in various colors, durable, and also would not go out of style. It is noted that, when compared to the traditional materials, granite countertops can give kitchens a unique personality.
- Durability: Granite is a sturdy material known for its capacity to withstand heat, pressure, and water, which makes it an ideal choice for kitchen countertops when compared to wood and steel.
- Low maintenance: Once installed, granite does not require much maintenance for a longer time. Even on getting dirty, it can get back to its naïve shine with basic cleaning methods and look brand new. Granite can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Variety: Choices are endless if you want to choose granite to furnish your kitchen. Granite is available in varying sizes and also in all possible designs. There are various qualities of this natural material, which is also budget friendly.
- Natural: Granite is one of the most common rocks which is naturally available from the environment, as listed at Dallas Countertops. So, by adopting granite for home décor, you are taking a ‘go green’ initiative by avoiding synthetic or man-made pollutants which may ultimately cause harm to mother earth.
- Purpose-friendly: As discussed above, its tolerance to pressure, heat, and water resistance make granite an ideal material to be used on countertop. It is also child-friendly without the scope of causing any injuries or allergies. You need not worry about your naughty kids getting on it and scratch or color it.
- Unique: As granites come in various styles and patterns, you need not have to worry about getting something unique for your own home. It is less likely to have a duplicated version of it by someone else. So, you have a unique charm on your kitchen top, which the guests haven’t seen anywhere else.
- Long lasting: Granite can really last longer than other usual countertop materials with its unique pressure-resistant properties. The initial price of countertops with granite many seem to be a little bit higher compared to the cheaper materials, but durability and functional aspects of granite makes it the one best assuring full return on investment over time.
- Affordability: As discussed in the previous paragraph, the initial cost may be a bit higher, but the price of granite becomes entirely worth on a long run. Granite also does not require repairs or maintenance overtime, so it is practically more affordable than wood or steel.
As you can see from the above discussion, granite is one of the most affordable and elegant choices for kitchen countertops, especially at home with children as there is a high chance of wear and tear.