With summer winding down and back-to-school season in full swing, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released two reports to celebrate the holiday weekend. WalletHub’s Best Labor Day Deals & Sales report gives shoppers a roadmap to savings. Its Labor Day Fun Facts report helps to educate and entertain consumers with stats on all aspects of the holiday – from hotdogs and history to financials and 5Ks. You can find highlights from each below.
- Treadmills are the best items to buy in September, relative to the rest of the year.
- 2018’s 10 best Labor Day deals are:
|1. Whirlpool Dishwasher – 43.40% off||6. Gourmet Griddle – 25.00% off|
|2. Inspiron 11 3000 Laptop – 35.00% off||7. NFL Jerseys – 33.33% off|
|3. Realspace Leather Chair – 35.72% off||8. Insignia 32″ Smart TV – 27.78% off|
|4. Moto Z2 Force – 44.44% off||9. Beautyrest Mattress – 64.03% off|
|5. Leather Tote, Peachy Pink – 40.00% off||10. Gemini Loudspeaker Pack – 40.00% off|
- 76% of Americans say legal immigrants are essential to the labor force.
- 52% of Americans left a total of 705 million vacation days unused in 2017.
- 818 hot dogs are eaten every second from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- $250+ Billion is the annual cost of worker injury and illness in the U.S.