An efficient project management solution is very important in any organization. In a situation where project switches on a different track as compared to the framework designed as per the data. Then, certain actions are required to be taken by the software to execute those projects properly. Executing a project requires building the deliverables to meet the project requirements. The project manager is mainly connected with the execution phase. He assigns the tasks to the resources and follows the status of any given task. The effectiveness of the execution phase largely depends upon its previous stages from idea generation and planning. Management software can help you to plan and manage projects in one place, no matter how easy or complicated they are.
Project execution is the third phase of the project management life cycle. It is one the most important phase where you will be creating the final deliverables to supply to the stakeholders and customers. It is one of the most demanding and longest phases in project management. During this phase, management software concentrates on the following processes and communication involved between the team members.
Management software produces project deliverables and changes management documents during the execution phase. The project runs due to deliverables produced from the project. In the execution phase software assures that these deliverables are well tested, meet the expected criteria and are accepted successfully by the customers. Project management software needs to perform a project management process. These processes manage cost, time, quality, risk and issues involved in the project.
Project Execution Process
Once the initial planning and formation of the teams are done, the next step comes, in the end, is executing the plan. Some processes are implemented into software outsourcing project execution that is as follows.
1. Internal Kick-Off – An internal Kick-Off meeting is made for all the team members who are involved in the pre-Sales period and who are getting involved in the post-delivery phases. The development of the project managers in the Kick-Off meeting assures that the development team knows the level of commitment to be followed during the execution. Management software defines the requirements of the clients, roles, responsibilities with the team, communication, and reporting mechanisms. The client is also provided with the details of the members of the team and their roles concerning the project.
2. Clarification of the project requirements- If the project development team understands the needs of the project perfectly, then the team addresses the success of the project. In this stage, a lot of emphases is given to clarify the requirements by the project managers. It implements a close interaction with the client’s point of contact.
3. Building database and architectural design- Project management software manage to put overall architectural design and framework that is shared across the projects. In most cases, the software performs an architectural document that includes technical decisions and overall solution structures of the project.
4. Building and testing the solution- Once the project needs are clarified, architectural design and database are set in place. The time comes in building the solution where coding standards are determined and each team member is defined with their work allocation. Here the project needs are carried into a working system. This ensures the client to look at the visible progress of the developed system. It is the stage where best project reports are delivered to the client. Through this stage, clients can see the progress, and comment accordingly to enhance the quality of the product. To mitigate bugs in the project, intermediate deliveries undergo the process of testing and validation. Quality testing (QA) is followed to build a development cycle to deliver the quality project to the customers.
5. Unit testing- Once the coding for the module is finished. Project management software prepares the test care specifications which covers inputs, process, and actual outputs. The software then executes the test case by matching testing guidelines and techniques.
6. The last level of testing done by the software is system-level integration. This helps out the team to examine how each module works together at the time of integration.
Project execution is the key to complete the work defined in the project management plan and to reach the project objectives in time. As per the master plan, project execution guarantees the construction of appropriate deliverables. The primary objective of Execution is to consistently assess the processes and plans required to deliver the output as per the agreed specifications. Well defined project execution is what forms the basis for the successful project in the organization.