Time spent in the office can sometimes become overwhelming especially with so many chores around the house that require your attention. Procrastinating is easy but very soon you will find things have gotten way out of hand. Your home begins to look more like a garage; cluttered, dirty and thoroughly lived in.
So how does one solve this problem? Well,it isn’t easy but with practice and determination,you can manage house cleaning while still putting those extra hours in at work.
If you have poor organization skills then you must start improving them. The first thing to do is to list down the chores that need the most immediate attention. Things like dishes, washroom and kitchen cleaning, moping and sweeping are all essential for keeping the house clean but if you can’t get it done all at once try breaking it into parts.
Scheduling tasks and keeping reminders will help ensure that you get those chores done. Some useful tips on how one can effectively manage house cleaning while maintaining a job are as follows:
- Make a list of chores on a priority basis
- Keep reminders on your phone
- Clean the kitchenimmediately after cooking
- Have cleaning supplies stocked up
- DO NOT procrastinate
- Leave timeconsuming chores like washing clothes and vacuuming for weekends
- Always place items back from where you took them instead of leaving them around the house
- Even 30 minutes a day is enough to keep a house looking clean and fresh
It is always a good idea to wake up and make your bed before starting your daily routine. This task alone sets you up for a productive day and ensures that your house is still relatively clean when you return back from work all tired and sleepy. For further information on how to make your house shine, check out the accompanying infographic from Cleaners of London.