Sleeping 8-9 hours every night is now a theory. With the advancement of technology and work from home culture, no one sleeps for more than 6 hours per night. Our routines may have evolved, but our bodies are still stuck to the old needs.
How does sleep affect your health?
The quality of sleep is more important than the number of hours we can manage to sleep at night. Since we do not have much time for resting and relaxing anymore, the quality of time we spend in bed should be superb. Sleeping helps to keep our stress levels to a minimum. While you sleep, your cells regenerate, and your body takes care of the internal repair works. Sleep is supposed to make you feel energized and ready for the day’s challenges.
What are the effects of sleep deprivation?
If you want, you can link almost all diseases and discomforts to the lack of a good night’s sleep. However, here are some of the proven effects of long-term sleep deprivation –
- Increased blood glucose
- Obesity and binging habits
- Long term memory creation
- Problems in concentration and ADD.
Almost 100,000 car accidents per year link to prolonged deprivation of good quality sleep in teenagers in the USA.
If you are suffering from lack of quality sleep, snoring, sleep apnea and constant nightmares, you should think about changing your mattress. A new mattress will bring a better quality of sleep and better comfort.
What should you check before buying a mattress?
Not all mattresses labeled “medically approved” or “doctor recommended” are so. There are no medical organizations that test mattresses, so you will have to take up the task of “test rides.”
- You can consult various blogs, web forums and review sites to learn about the new mattress, and why they are good for you. Check out both positive and adverse reviews like the nectar mattress complaints. Make a list of all the pros and cons of each mattress. Tally the lists and find one that meets all your needs.
- Always check the trial period and warranty before you close your purchase. Many states in the US allow their sellers to offer comfort guarantee to their buyers. Check your state retailer policies and ask for a comfort guarantee if that is permissible. If it includes a money-back offer, that is ideal for you! A great mattress usually comes with a 10-year full replacement warranty, which is too good to be true for any shopper.
A good mattress should facilitate sound sleep with REM and Non-REM sleep cycles. Spending on a good memory foam mattress is the best investment idea you can have in the next few years. It will restore your health and help you find a new vigor you need to succeed in life.
Author bio: Mark Harris has been a part of many sleep studies around the world. He is an expert on the relationship between mattresses and sleep types. He has helped address some nectar mattress complaints over the last few months.