You only plug Amazon Firestick to your TV with an HDMI input and turns it into a smart TV. With the connection you can start streaming your favorite programs, movie, games, TV shows through Amazon prime, HULU, live network TV, YouTube TV, and more. Unfortunately, such a connection can only happen for those living in the US.
For others outside the US and American citizens traveling outside the US may not access the massive entertainment provided by the Amazon Firestick. Amazon Firestick cannot offer the content outside the US as it’s geo-restricted. But there is a way you can overcome that using a VPN (Virtual Private Network). This is a great trick to outsmart the geoblocks by using a VPN on firestick and enjoy streaming just like somebody in the US.
Below, we have prepared a process on how to install VPN on Amazon Firestick so you can stream your best programs whenever you want.
What is the Importance of Using a VPN on Amazon Firestick
Virtual Private Network uses a secure connection using encryption to make sure that your Firestick streaming activities online are kept secure from snooping eyes such as copyright agencies, ISP (Internet service provider), and even e-criminals. VPN is also very instrumental in sealing your identity by making it private.
VPN service provider makes a secure tunnel which your streaming traffic is sent to and from your Amazon Firestick and also to and from the VPN server. So, the VPN server assigns your Amazon Firestick device a virtual IP address. To be safe you not only require a VPN but a tried, tested, and proven VPN that provides you with three important features:
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Globally distributed servers
- Security and Privacy
VPN installation on Amazon Firestick
There are two ways you can download a VPN onto your Amazon Firestick device – Directly downloading the APK file or through the App store. Whichever method you prefer to use, all that matters is whether your preferred VPN is listed among the Amazon Firestick Apps. Popular VPNs such as Express VPN, NordVPN, IPVanish, PureVPN and others are available on App store. But you may use the alternative method for other types of VPN.
Actually, the installation process is not different to those using Kodi to stream their favorite programs. The popular mentioned VPN above are also Best Kodi VPN to those not using Amazon Firestick to stream.
Step1: VPN Installation to Amazon Firestick App Store
This method can work with any VPN that is listed on Amazon Firestick App store. Here is the process you can use to install:
- Go and search on your Firestick by typing your preferred VPN’s name. And if it does not show up, you can proceed to the other method.
- When the VPN App appears, click the download button
- Immediately the download has finished, click open for your VPN App to launch.
- Sign in to your App
- Select a VPN location where you want it to display in the US & click Connect.
- Click OK when VPN connection request comes up.
Install a VPN’s APK file with a direct download
This method can only work with any APK file in case it is not available on Amazon Firestick App store. If the VPN you plan to use has an APK file on its website, it is advisable you download it directly from the website rather than through any other site.
- On your Amazon Firestick search for downloader
- Click the downloader app then click the download button
- After the download has finished, you are ready now to click open to launch the downloader App
- Enter direct download URL for the VPN’s APK File immediately the App is open. Typically you will find on the VPN provider’s Android app pages
- Download the APK file. It should prompt you to download the app, but just in case it doesn’t, check in the download section in the downloader app and from there click the APK file.
- If the App was downloaded through another app, the VPN will not show up in the Apps menu. You can instead check it in the settings.
- Go to settings > Applications
- Click manage installed applications and you will see your VPN app
- Click the VPN app > select launch application
- Sign in to your VPN app
- Select your preferred location in the US and then click Connect
The installation process is a no-brainer and therefore, even if you are a totally new to doing that, you can easily hack it. If the app at some time fails to work, you can try uninstalling it and reinstall using the same method above to see how things works out.