BBQ finds a special place in the hearts of Americans. From Detroit to Dallas and from New York to San Francisco, the love for BBQ in undying among the people. One of the most common weekend activities in the US is grilling burgers and hot dogs or smoking ribs and briskets on the ceramic grill. The majority of the US households have an in-house grill, which they bring to use on weekends because nothing beats a platter filled with scrumptious food on a bright sunny day.
When it comes to BBQ recipes, the list goes on and on because there isn’t anything that Americans can’t cook on the grill. However, there is one recipe in particular that is liked by every American, i.e., ‘All American BBQ Chicken’. Although, everybody has their own style of preparing the recipe, but there are some ingredients that remain as it is regardless of which part of the country the recipe is prepared in.
If you want to know the details of this amazing American original BBQ recipe, then read below:
- 2 full chicken.
- ¾ teaspoons ground red pepper (cayenne).
- Packed brown sugar.
- ¼ cup Worcestershire.
- ½ cup light molasses.
- 1-cup red wine vinegar.
- 2 can tomato sauce.
- 1 large onion.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Take a medium-sizedskillet and turn on the heat. Add olive oil into the skillet and when the oil becomes hot, add onions.
- Cook onions until they become tender. It will take around 10 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, Worcestershire, molasses, vinegar, tomato sauce, andground red pepper into the skillet, and cook everything over high heat.
- After 10 minutes, reduce to heat to medium-low and keep cooking the entire mixture until you get a thick sauce.
- You will easily get 2 cups of BBQ sauce out of which, you need to reserve 1 ½ cups of sauce, which you will be serving with grilled chicken.
- Now, it’s time to get onto the grill, so light the fire on the grill and place chicken quarters on the grates. Grill the chicken pieces for 20-25 minutes over medium heat, turning the chicken pieces once in between.
- Brush the remaining ½ cup of BBQ sauce over the chicken and cook the chicken for 20 minutes more. Make sure to turn the chicken pieces 2-3 times in between. Also, keep brushing the chicken with BBQ sauce during the cooking process.
- Insert a knife into one of the chicken pieces and if you see juices dripping out of the chicken, then it means, the recipe is ready.
- Serve this lip-smacking grilled chicken recipe with reserved BBQ sauce.
This recipe is not just liked by the Americans, but all those who love the taste of BBQ chicken are fond of this mouth-watering delicacy. You should definitely try this recipe because you can only find out how good it is when you try it on your own. You can give your own twist to the recipe, but make sure that the soul of the recipe remains intact.
Monica Henin is the author of this popular American style grilled chicken post. She has been writing blogs and articles on healthy recipes and food tips for quite some time. You can check out the best of her work at Addonkitchen.com.