The kitchen is the trickiest room to redecorate. Its main characteristic is functionality, but this doesn’t mean that you should skip the aesthetics. You certainly want a modern and updated look to be proud of.
Instead of starting from scratch, many homeowners choose simple redecoration. It is all about changing the outdated things and bringing a fresh vibe. Your new kitchen will get you so happy and excited. But on the other hand, it can increase the value of your home if you plan to sell it in the near future. Let’s find out more about the possibilities of redecorating your kitchen!
Replace kitchen units
The kitchen units take a large part of your kitchen. Updating them means that the area will feel like brand new. There are a few things that you should have in mind:
- Pick the color carefully. Navy blue is a highly popular choice for kitchen units. It goes excellent with gold hardware, which brings an elegant and sophisticated look. If you have a small kitchen, go for white. It will make the kitchen visually bigger. If you prefer farmhouse styles, go for wooden tones to add warmth.
- Make sure that the new kitchen units fit the color scheme. You don’t want to end up with a busy look. Consider the flooring and backsplash to decide on the design and color.
- The average kitchen unit replacement costs are £4000. If you need to move the electrical appliance, there will be an additional cost for the electrician. It is always better to ask for quotes from different contractors before making a final decision.
This is the simplest and cheapest way to spice things up. If your kitchen looks sterile and flat, it is time to introduce some texture. You can start with a nice rug that will add a pop of color. Don’t forget that it will keep your feet warm when you stand, and protect the floor against scratches too. Next, add some new textured towels. Woven storage baskets are another trick that you should consider.
Decorating a kitchen can be tricky. Keep in mind that the countertops shouldn’t be cluttered or left empty. You should find the proper balance to achieve a stylish look. Consider the following tips:
- If the salt, pepper, and oil clutter your countertops, it is time to find a solution. Display them on a decorative wooden tray. This way, the decor will look intentional rather than having them scattered around. Plus, you can easily reach them.
- Don’t leave any plastic bottles or bags on the countertop. This will result in a cluttered look that you desperately want to avoid. Instead, get a set of nice storage jars or bottles. This will look more cohesive.
- If you have a set of cheese boards, feel free to show them off. Take boards with different sizes and lean them onto the wall. Avoid using the chopping boards that already have marks on them, as they won’t look good.