The New York Hot Jazz Festival spans the entire scope of early jazz music – from its New Orleans beginnings through the Jazz Age and Swing Era. Highlights include Hot Jazz Brunch at the hotel’s rooftop Gallow Green, a lively NOLA-style Second Line parade, Antique Phonograph DJ and performance artists including tap dancers throughout the day.
Doors open at 2pm for brunch, followed by nonstop performances from 4pm to midnight across three indoor and outdoor stages at The McKittrick Hotel. The 12-hour fest concludes with a raucous late-night Midnight Speakeasy Party, featuring the festival’s trademark all-star jam session and classic burlesque acts until 2am in The Heath.
A celebration of trad jazz with rising stars and legendary performers alike, the NY Hot Jazz Festival is renowned for showcasing the best talent of the hot jazz and swing revival in New York and beyond. This year’s program will give a special nod to the Big Easy’s tricentennial year, French jazz styles and a Fats Waller tribute.
In recognition of his immeasurable contributions to traditional jazz, festival headliner and Grammy Award-winner Vince Giordano will be the first recipient of the fest’s new “Lifetime Achievement Award.” The acclaimed leader of Vince Giordano& The Nighthawks is one of the biggest names in the world of hot jazz.
The festival features over twelve hours of continuous live music from sixteen hot jazz and swing ensembles. Prizes will be awarded to those attired in their vintage best, so guests are encouraged to dress to impress.
LINEUP (list in formation and subject to change)
• Vince Giordano & The Nighthawks
• The Hot Sardines
• Mwenso and The Shakes
• Evan Christopher’s Django à la Créole
• Julien Labro & Olli Soikkeli Quartet
• Tatiana Eva-Marie & the Avalon Jazz Band
• Sasha Masakowski
• Cynthia Sayer Trio
• Olivier Franc & Jean Baptiste Franc
• Charlie Halloran Band featuring Queen Esther
• Nicolle Rochelle
• DeWitt Fleming Jr.
• New Eureka Jass Band featuring Eddy Davis
• The Moonlighters
• Sugartone Brass Band
• Evan Arntzen’s Animule Dance
• Heather Ghering & Lou Brockman
• Midnight Speakeasy All-Star Band
• Lilian Lorraine & her Lovely Ladies Mystery Train Tableau
• Antique Phonograph DJ MAC
• 2pm-4pm: Hot Jazz Brunch (additional ticket/reservation required)
• 4pm-12am: Hot Jazz Festival (incl. with GA, Reserved and Benefactor tickets)
• 12am-2am: Midnight Speakeasy Party (incl. with tickets above and Late Night tickets)
• “Hot Jazz Benefactor” tickets are $200, and include priority entry from 4pm, preferred seating at both main stages and acknowledgement in the festival newsletter.
• Reserved Seating tickets are $135, with access to seating at the lower level stage from 4pm.
• General Admission tickets are $59 with 4pm entry, and $69 once advance tickets sell out.
• Reservations for Hot Jazz Brunch, which kicks off the Festival at 2pm on rooftop Gallow Green, are $39 in addition to General Admission, Reserved Seating or Benefactor tickets. Brunch comes complete with coffee, tea, the rooftop’s seasonal brunch buffet and live hot jazz music.
For a full calendar of events, please visit: https://mckittrickhotel.com/events/new-york-hot-jazz-2018
In addition to NY Hot Jazz Fest, Michael Katsobashvili founded the first-ever New York Brass Festival earlier this year at The McKittrick, and programs weekly Hot Jazz Sunset Sundays artists at the hotel’s rooftop Gallow Green. Hot Jazz Productions also created the Pangea Jazz Fest fusing world and jazz styles, and produces events for Central Park SummerStage, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Symphony Space and NYC Winter Jazzfest.
The McKittrick Hotel is located at 530 West 27th Street, New York, NY 10001. For tickets, reservations and additional information, visit mckittrickhotel.com or call 212-904-1880.
ABOUT HOT JAZZ PRODUCTIONS
Hot Jazz Productions, Inc. is the NYC-based presenting organization behind the New York Hot Jazz Festival, Pangea Jazz Fest (World Music & Jazz fusion) and New York Brass Festival. Hot Jazz Productions’ flagship festival – the New York Hot Jazz Festival – is an annual New York City multi-stage marathon showcasing traditional jazz from New Orleans hot jazz through the big band swing era, as well as Manouche jazz and ragtime. The festival is spearheaded by Director, Michael Katsobashvili.
For additional information, visit www.nyhotjazzfest.com.
ABOUT THE MCKITTRICK HOTEL
The McKittrick Hotel (@TheMcKittrick) is home of immersive theater spectacle Sleep No More (@sleepnomorenyc), year-round rooftop bar Gallow Green (@gallowgreen), jazz age-inspired speakeasy Manderley Bar (@manderleybar), restaurant and performance venue The Heath (@theheath) and a new space, The Attic (@theattic.nyc), unlocked for The Lost Supper – A Hypnotic Dinner Party through September 8.
The McKittrick is also renowned for elaborate costume parties and one-of-a-kind events – including Bartschland Follies, The McKittrick Masquerades for Halloween and New Year’s Eve, intimate live concerts and music festivals.
For additional information, visit www.mckittrickhotel.com.