Only a few places on this earth harmonize the breathtaking natural beauty and Nepal is one of them. This beautiful landlocked country is bestowed with numerous high peaks of mountains that often remain concealed with snow and awe-striking landscape. Nepal is referred to as the perfect trekking spot in the world and thus grabs the attention of thousands of mountain lovers and adventure junkies all around the world. Nepal is home to the world’s popular and alluring Annapurna Base Camp Trek which is the goldmine for outdoor adventure enthusiasts.
This incredible and fascinating trek holds the world’s tenth highest peak, Annapurna. Trekking Annapurna Base Camp is a dream of almost all adventurists on this planet; however, there are only few who transform this dream into reality, owing to its harsh climatic conditions and difficult level.
But now, as you have decided to bring your dream to reality, we are here to support you. Without wasting a single second, let’s discuss some essential factors that you should know before trekking this breathtaking and challenging trek.
Highlights of Annapurna Base Camp Trek – Melting Pot of Adventurous Souls
“The best views come after the hardest climbs” – Anonymous
This quote fits appropriately with Annapurna Base Camp Trek. The further you move on this trek, the more you witness the charming views that are totally irresistible. This trek captures the heart and mind of the trekker due to several reasons such as:
- With a wide variety of flora and fauna, stunning mountain vistas and quaint Gurung village, this trek is an amazing walk through the diverse culture and mesmerizing landscape.
- This is one of the few treks in the world that bring you closer to the base of 7000 m peaks in such a short period of time.
- This astonishing trail takes trekkers through high altitude landscapes with beautiful Annapurna Range appearing in front of them most of the times, gorgeous rice paddies and lush rhododendron forests.
- Before you set foot on the trek, you’ll be greeted with the panoramic views of Hiunchuli, Annapurna South and Machapuchare, which is really a visual treat for the sore eyes.
- Trekkers will attain the maximum altitude of 13,500 ft over a period of six days, which itself is an achievement.
- Machapuchare, the “Fish Tail” peak, is one of the most outstanding views one can experience during the ABC trek. Often considered as the most beautiful mountain in the world, this mesmerizing peak will keep you awe-struck.
- This trek is also known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trek because you walk along the protected areas’ trail. This sanctuary is considered as one of the best sanctuaries in the world as it not only preserves flora and fauna but also protects the natural environment and local ethnic culture.
- Owing to its international glory, this trek draws the attention of trekkers and mountain lovers worldwide and gives them true glimpses of Nepalese tradition and lifestyle.
Preparation for Annapurna Base Camp Trek – Pointers You Should Dwell On
Good preparation is required to experience a beautiful trekking journey.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a lifelong dream for many trekkers around the world and traveling to such a high-altitude place requires some preparation.
- In spite of its moderate grade of difficulty, get physically fit if you genuinely want to add life to this dream. Do regular workouts to enhance your leg strength and overall stamina.
- Trekking permits are required before commencing this remarkable journey. There are two types of permits namely Annapurna conservation area entry point and transport information management system. Don’t skimp on the permits as you’ll have to disclose the same at certain checkpoints. Both these permits are available either at Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Keep trekking essentials handy such as maps, trekking shoes, trekking gear, necessary equipments, a sleeping bag, down jackets, a good pair of clothes, a water bottle and a pair of sunglasses.
How to Reach the Base Camp of the Trek, Pokhara?
This heavenly range of Annapurna whets your appetite for jaw-dropping mountain vistas right from Pokhara, Lake City in Nepal.
- Lies almost 5 to 6 hour drive from Kathmandu, Pokhara is the beautiful city on Phewa Lake in central Nepal.
- At an altitude of 4600 ft, this mesmerizing city is endowed with numerous majestic snow-capped mountains, idyllic waters, friendly locale, beautiful ambiance and a variety of tourist attractions.
- This city is a gateway to the Annapurna region and is easily accessible from Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal.
- Trekkers can easily reach Pokhara from Kathmandu either via road or plane, depending on their budget and convenience.
Where to get INR converted to NPR?
While planning a trekking expedition to Annapurna Base Camp, it is important for Indian Nationals to get their INR converted to the local currency, NPR. We have listed the essential information about the currency issues.
- NPR or Nepalese Rupee is the official currency of Nepal and you’ll have to take the same while going for a trekking expedition in Nepal.
- Undoubtedly, this currency is different from Indian rupee and comes in the form of 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 rupee notes.
- This beautiful country heavily depends on the tourism industry and thus trekkers will surely not face any kind of difficulty while converting their currency into the local one. One can easily convert your currency into the local currency through money exchange system, as according to the daily exchange rates.
- Numerous money exchange centers are available in Nepal including both government and private.
- Get your INR converted to NPR at money exchange counters throughout Kathmandu and Pokhra; however, it is strongly advised to exchange your currency at Kathmandu money exchange counters as these will offer you better rates.
- If, by chance, you forget to exchange your INR to NPR then don’t worry as few money exchange counters are available throughout the Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
With all the information about the epic Annapurna Base Camp Trek, you are now ready to undertake this once in a lifetime journey to one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the world and fulfill your trekking fantasy.