Nobody wants a drab-looking home. Many homeowners try as muchas their pockets can allow to maketheir homes look pleasant and welcoming both inside and outside. While DIYs are fun and can save a homeowner a lot of money, painting the exterior would be best done by a professional.
Painting contractors are experts in this field. Not only have they undergone training or apprenticeship, but they have also done it a tonne of times, and thatexperience counts for a lot. If the exterior of your home needs a fresh coat of paint, hire a professional to do it. The professional will be accompanied by their staff, and the job will therefore be done efficiently and fast.
The professionals will also:
- Have gone throughsome safety procedures.
- Have the right equipment for the job, for example, if they need to get up high, they can easily do that with special equipment.
- Have their own insurance. Therefore, should any accidents happen while they work on your home, you will not be held accountable.
- Recommend the best kind of paint for your exterior. They will know which one to go forbased on the climate and building material.
What YouShould Do
Pricing: You should ensure that you have an estimate of how much the whole project will cost you.That way, getting a quote from the contractor will be easier, and you will not be caught by surprise. You will need to buy paint and any accompanying products like brushes, as well as factor in labour. Work with your contractor to work out how much paint you will need. Other factors to consider in costing include:
- Daily rates.
- The size of the property.
- Special design features.
- The paint finishes you will need.
Timing: Painting the outside of your house during the rainy season is not practical as the paint might get washed off. Painting during winter or summer does not quite cut it either. The best seasons to paint the exterior of your house are spring and fall. However, if it threatens to rain, abort missionand reschedule.
- Know your contractor: It is always a good idea to get at least three bids from different contractors before you settle on one. This way, you will be able to compare and get thebest in terms of service and cost. Also, ask the right questions:
- Are they properly licensed?
- Do they have insurance?
- Do they outsource?
- Do they offer written guarantees?
Who is a good contractor?
- They know their
- They recommend high-quality
- They value quality work over speed.
- They respond in good time and communicate when the need arises.
- They turn up to work on time.
- They respect the client’s choice even when they don’t quite agree.
Be careful not to pick the wrong contractor. If they are not insured or their reputation is not exactly rosy, you might want to move on to the next one. The wrong contractor will give exorbitant estimates, may not be insured, and may not turn up on time. They may also buy cheaper products to get extra money. That is the kind that you want to avoid.
Working witha contractor who is professional and has integrity will leave you with little to worry about as all you have to do is make sure you have the finances at hand. Paying for the best service from the best painter leaves the client with a sense of accomplishment