The dental industry is among the sectors that continue to benefit from technological advancements that are aimed at enhancing productivity and efficiency. New technology facilitates the utility of modern dental techniques and makes dental procedures much easier for dentists and their patients.
Digital Dentistry Technology
Digital methods offer a worthwhile alternative to the traditional methods that often lead imprecise dental restorations and subsequently ill fitting crowns and other restorations, wasting time and resources as well as uncomfortable and distressed patients.
Several dental professions have chosen to be a part of digital dentistry by using new equipment and techniques. X-ray technology and imaging sensors have undergone the digital evolution and replaced film-based procedures and products. Dental practices constitute a range of digital technologies that are linked to numerous advantages.
Benefits of Switching to Digital
Digital dentists have access to leading-edge technology and equipment. This type of equipment makes it possible to provide upgraded solutions for conventional dental problems. There are several solutions to choose from and these include digital impressions, surgical guides, imaging, radiography and electronic prescriptions.
- With the advent of new and innovative technologies, dentists are able to provide better treatment for their patients. Technology has also helped to create platforms that enable dentists to collaborate and address major dental challenges.
- Digital dentistry offers a number of benefits in comparison to traditional dentistry. A key advantage is the high level of efficiency during dental procedures. Digital dentistry advancements have paved the way for streamlined processes that have positively affected time and cost for patients and doctors.
- Another benefit of using digital dentistry technology is improved accuracy. This level of precision results in diagnoses and treatment that are more accurate and eliminates the amount of time and money wasted whenever molds need to be redone.
- Digital dentistry at South point makes it easier to predict outcomes by implementing technologies that allow dentists to foresee how certain procedures will turn out and improve the overall experience of the patient.
Impact on Dental Labs
- Computer-aided dentist technology increases efficiency by allowing dentists to give patients accurate results and effectively substitutes traditional and outdated methods. When a dental practice makes the choice to embrace and integrate the technological advancements of digital dentistry, the communication between the practice and dental lab is enhanced.
- Intraoral scanners make it possible to create and produce various dental restorations such as bridges and crowns without a conventional impression. Sending digital images to the lab gives them a representation that is significantly more accurate and eliminates the errors that may arise from an impression.
- Digital scans enable you dental professions to review them before they are sent to the lab. This reduces the time and cost, which is beneficial for a dental practice and its patients.
Digital impressions minimize errors when fitting dental crowns. They cut down on the time and expenses of remakes that are caused by margin errors and inaccurate fit. Accurate scans reduce the cost of reproductions. With less time being used by dental laboratories to deliver crowns, patients can look forward to better-fitting implants that are comfortable and promote faster recovery.