Theater Resources Unlimited (TRU) presents the next in their TRU Beginnings series of workshops for the early development of new work: How to Write a Musical that Works, Part Three: Reckoning and Resolution on Sunday, February 27, 2022, noon to 7pm ET, on Zoom. This workshop is dedicated to fostering a conversation about musical theater structure, not only for writers, but also for producers, directors and everyone involved in the creation and production of new works. Each workshop will accept up to 10 writing teams and/or producers, who will share works in progress and get feedback from a panel of expert evaluators. Audience members will also have a chance to offer their observations and participate in discussions.
- Ken Cerniglia, former dramaturg and literary manager of Disney Theatrical;
- Cheryl Davis, Kleban and Larsen Award-winning librettist and lyricist (Barnstormer), Audelco Award-winning playwright (Maid’s Door);
- Nancy Golladay, literary consultant (NY Shakespeare Festival, O’Neill Conference, more), moderator of the BMI Librettists’ Workshop;
- Skip Kennon, composer/lyricist (Herringbone, Don Juan DeMarco, Time and Again), former artistic coordinator of the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop and teacher for two decades;
- Tamra Pica, London, off-Broadway and TV producer.