Summer has arrived and the barbecue is blazing! If you are anything like me I am sure you will agree that there is nothing better than relaxing in a lawn chair on a Sunday afternoon, with your shades on, flip flops out, chatting with friends and family over a plate of freshly smoked brisket and of course an ice cold beer at hand.
Summer is all about getting together with family and friends and enjoying the great outdoors and there is no better way to do so than with a barbecue. But perhaps you have quite the party coming over this weekend and are looking for a 5-star summer brisket recipe that will really wow your guests. Then look no further, as mentioned below is a new summer brisket recipe that will knock your families’ socks off. So, fire up the smoker, pop on that apron and let’s get barbecuing!
Ready to make this all-new summer brisket recipe? Here is a list of all of the ingredients you will need to complete this tasty summer spectacular. This recipe is heavy on condiments for that extra kickin’ taste.
- 6 lb cut of beef brisket
- Olive oil (enough to baste the entire cut of brisket)
- ½ a cup of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsps of chili powder
- 1 tbsp of dry mustard
- 1 tbsp of sea salt
- 2 tsps of cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup of brown Demerara sugar
- A dash of freshly ground black pepper
Pumped and ready to give the recipe a go? Great, here are the all-important instructions to make the very best mouth-wateringly succulent summer brisket. Follow the instructions carefully for the very best results.
- Preheat the smoker to 200 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, chili powder, dry mustard, sea salt, cayenne pepper and Demerara sugar.
- Chop the onion fine and crush the garlic then add to the spice mix and stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Use a baster to cover the cut of brisket in olive oil. Then use your hands to rub the spice mix into the cut of brisket. Place the brisket into the smoker for 4 to 5 hours or until the meat is tender when probed.
- Remove from the smoker and place on a wooden chopping board to cool for 15 minutes (this allows time for the juices and flavors to return back into the brisket). Slice to serve.
Are you thinking about preparing this delicious summer brisket recipe for the family but aren’t too sure what to put with it on the side? Not to worry, as this brisket recipe works fantastically with a wide variety of appetizers and accompanying dishes. Here are just a few to help get those juices flowing:
- Grilled corn on the cob with lashings of melted butter and homemade slaw.
- Chunky cut sweet potato (or regular potato) fries with a sprinkling of sea salt and a dash of tangy chipotle sauce.
- 3 bean pasta salad with grilled halloumi and pitted black olive halves.
- Avocado toasts with a vinaigrette or extra virgin olive oil drizzle.
Invited the bus load over? Not to worry, try displaying a selection of the above mentioned sides this weekend so that your family and friends can sample a little bit of everything. Variety is the spice of life, so don’t hold back on mixing some of those contrasting dishes together, they will love the diversity!
Jeremy grew up learning how to cook from his parents as well as working in a high-volume catering operation while in college. He now enjoys spending time with his family writing for his blog Ktchndad.