It was a sweet weekend at the Big Chocolate Show this weekend in New York City. Several outstanding vendors shared their delights.
John $ Kira’s – Revolutionary Chocolates use products directly from famers and growers that share a commitment to the environment and their community. Ganache are from the highest quality ingredients. Wonderful flavors include Drew Elementary Garden Mint, Glenn’s Raspberry and Lavender Honey. We love the message and even the cute designs, including those of ladybugs in a garden.
Fruta Pop – A small-batch detox pop, coffee pop and boozy adult-approved freezer poptail company. We love the smooth creamy taste that comes from the best seasonal, organic ingredients. The delivery service is a yummy way to bring some fun to your party, or have a great workout snack. With a great variety base there are limitless possibilities for this delicious treat.
Luv Michael – Organic granola that is made by an organization for a great cause. The nut free, gluten free and dairy free product is delicious and is made by a non-profit program that helps educate, train and employ people with autism. Visit www.luvmichael.com for more information.
Chocolat Moderne – This seven time Sofi Award winner is fantastic. They have been featured on Oprah and the Today Show for good reason. We are in love with their flavor and texture. They are exquisite from start to finish.
Hudson Baby Bourbon Whiskey – local grains from the state with a beautiful selection of cacao and maple syrup flavors.
Amoretti Gourmet Syrups – Created with a fine balance between flavors and sweetness, there is offering of over 47 flavors to be used in coffees and drinks.
Christopher Elbow Chocolates – Artfully crafted using centuries-old time-honored techniques. There are distinctive flavors and ingredients to deliver the most exquisite taste experience. Flavors include Coconut Caramel, Fresh Lemon and Venezuelan Spice.
Chocolate Stars USA – Fine chocolate brands and innovative sweet creations crafted by select producers from around the world.
Minga Group Chocolates – Ecquador have a zangy taste that is delightful.
Other highlights included:
- The Molé Spice Rub and cacao butter lotions from Indichocolate
- The chocolate bees and the chocolate figs from John & Kira’s, the latter of which were featured in the preview press from both The New York Times and Time Out New York
- Puerto Quito 70% dark chocolate, Heirloom Designated by the HCP, with red fruit, earthiness and a little nuttiness in its flavor profile from Glennmade Craft Chocolate
- The Tulsi Rose Petals (100% dark) and the Herbal Cranberry Orange (65% dark), along with the influsions lines that feature matcha green tea, coconut, masala chai and herbal cranberry orange from VillaKuyaya Organic Dark Chocolate of Ecuador
- The Intense bar, a 70% dark with For Five Roasters Burundi coffee from Gotham Chocolates, from NYC’s Gotham Bar & Grill
- The playful chocolate space ships from Jon Good Chocolates
- The infused Super Foods chocolates from Rawclates
- Brown Butter Bourbon Caramels from Fruition Chocolate
- The Diamond Custom Machines demo — the DCM 100 Commerical Melanger — which will demo’ing how to make 100 pounds of chocolate during the show, with assistance from the public.