The kiddies are getting their costumes ready and carving their pumpkins for a beloved night of Halloween.
While they may have their candy, most adults are eyeing a bit of something sweeter. The spirits of the season are here to delights in more ways than one. Whether it is preparing for an epic night of partying or just being the ones handing out candy on doorsteps there is a fantastic selection of ghoulish, boozy recipes that are here to delight.
Deep Eddy Vodka, Novo Fogo Cachaça, Slow and Low Rock & Rye, Tequila Avion and Crystal Head Vodka are creating some amazing drinks this season. Just as equally fun are the portfolios of Crystal Head Vodka Artist Series, Cementerio Mezcalero (Mezcal Graveyard), and the Stella Rosa Wines “Stellaween Collection” creating toasts of wonder.
Ghoulish Spirits for Halloween and Creepy Cocktail Recipes:
Pumpkin Spice Pie Martini
2 oz. Deep Eddy Original Vodka
1 oz. Dark rum
1 oz. Half n half
2 tbsp. Canned pumpkin puree
1 oz. Maple syrup
¼ tsp Pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp Vanilla extract
1. Smash up the graham crackers, cinnamon and sugar together.
2. Wet the rim of the glass with maple syrup and dip it into your cinnamon, sugar, cracker mixture.
3. Combine remaining ingredients into your cocktail shaker and shake for 30-45 seconds.
4. Pour and strain into your rimmed martini glass.
5. Garnish with a little bit of grated nutmeg and cinnamon stick.
Candy Corn Mimosa
2 cups Stella Rosa Peach
1½ oz. tequila
1 cup orange juice
2 tbsp. purple sugar (for rim)
Candy corn for garnish.
Rim a glass with purple sugar.
Pour tequila, Stella Rosa Peach, and orange juice into glass and lightly stir ingredients together.
Garnish with a candy corn, and enjoy!
TEQUILA AVIÓN GUMMY BEAR JELLO SHOTS
(Makes around 10 2oz shots)
GUMMY BEAR SYRUP
(Makes about one cup)
1 cup – Gummy Bears (Your choice in flavor- I did half cherry half lemon. Get creative!)
1 ½ cups – Water
1 pinch – Citric Acid
1 pinch – Salt
- Prepare a double boiler.
- Add the Gummy Bears and the water to the top of the boiler.
- Let Gummy Bears slowly melt into the water, stirring occasionally.
- Once they are completely incorporated, transfer the mixture into a separate saucepan.
- Add citric acid and salt and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture has reduced to 1 cup, you’re ready to build the shots.
THE JELLO SHOT
1 cup – Tequila Avión Silver
1 cup – Gummy Bear Syrup
1/3 cup – Powdered Gelatin (This is about half of what you’d normally use in a Jello shot, but since there’s gelatin in the Gummy Bears, you don’t need so much.)
Add the Tequila Avión to the Gummy Bear Syrup while it’s still hot enough that it hasn’t started to set. Slowly whisk in gelatin, so that there are no big clumps.
Prepare your serving vessels by spraying the insides of them lightly with olive oil cooking spray, so the shots will release more easily when they’re set up.
Transfer the mixture into a pourable container and pour into the prepared serving vessels.
Place vessels in refrigerator and let set up (about 2 hours). When they’re fully set, they’re ready to enjoy.
May all your Halloween dreams come true as you toast away.