Designing is turning out to be the hottest profession of today, and more and more people are aspiring to become makers and designers. There are various types of designing courses like the fashion designing, interior designing, etc. but one of the most unique and special designing is the one done with art and crafts. Earlier people involved in this profession had to face a lot of hardships due to the inefficiency of machines. Suppose if you have to make a similar shape design multiple times, you will not have the same accuracy, as that work is manual. To overcome these problems the invention of the vinyl cutting machine came into acknowledgment.
This machine has made the task of cutters and design makers very easy, fast, and effective. If you are a beginner and want to know more about this machine, then you have hit the right place.
What is the Vinyl cutting machine?
The vinyl cutter machine is a computer controlled machine that looks like a printer but works a little differently. These machines consist of small blades or cutters whose movements are controlled by the computer. The computer directs these cutters to cut the desired shape and design into different mediums like paper, paperboards, leather, and other such things. These cutters are mostly used to produce designs on an adhesive plastic sheet that are generally known as, stickers. Different kind of crafts can be produced with different kind of cutters. The best large vinyl cutting machines can also produce large designs and banners of any imaginable shape and design.
There are many reasons that make this machine a must have for the designers, but the most commendable thing is that it produces durable designs and works compatibly with the imagination of the user.
How does the vinyl cutting machine works?
In order to use this machine perfectly, it is important for a user to understand its working process. This machine has the fine knife like blades that cut the designs that you provided to the computer.
- The blade of this machine works from X to Y axis ensuring that your design is cut within the vinyl material.
- Once the cutting portion is done, the next process is weeding the material. Under this process, the extra or unwanted parts are removed from the figure and offloading liner. Weeding is a very crucial step in the formation of the design as if the positive side is released to it; the sticker will turn out to be on the negative end. Therefore, it must be done very carefully.
- The sheet that has an adhesive back is then placed on the weeded vinyl sheet. After this, a roller is passed to it so that the adhesive sheets stick properly to it. The result after this process will be the aluminum signs that have vinyl figures.
You can easily differ the working of the vinyl cutting machine into three steps that are the cutting, weeding, and placement of transfer sheet. To make sure that all the three processes work properly, you must choose a good quality vinyl printer.
What can be these machines user for?
Just after an immature design maker hears about the vinyl cutting machine, the next question that comes to their mind is about the uses of cutting machine. Basically, these machines are used to make designs and cut them into the desired shape that are used in various places like invitation cards, etc. it is also used for the decoration and art and craft business to cut out the stickers of different shapes sizes and colors. Here are some of the finest ideas about the uses of the vinyl cutting machines that can help you widen the scope of its use:
- Labels and stickers– this is the most obvious use of the vinyl cutting machine. You can use these labels in various areas. The use of labels and stickers is vast. You can use it to memorize something, stick an important quote, etc.
- Craft, painting, and wood working– they can be used to create edge boundaries to get the perfect shape to paintings and coatings. They can be used in various ways to make attractive craft items.
- Custom appeal– you can create a great custom appeal with the help of vinyl cutting machines. You can create the logo of your brand and make team shirts, temporary tattoos, etc.
- Paper engineering– you can cut, score the paper sheets, card stocks, etc. to create the best origami project works. You can add colorful papers to the work and make your work look even more attractive.
There can be various other ideas that people can use the vinyl machines for. It is just about your imagination and creation, and you will get the best.
Know the specifications of a good vinyl cutting machine
If you are aspiring to make the best designs and cuttings out of the vinyl cutting machine, then it is important that you choose a good brand. Choosing for a wrong kind of machine can make your task tougher by spoiling it. Here are some of the specifications to be considered while buying the machine:
- The body size must be compact and sleek.
- It is better if the machine is wireless and has a Bluetooth connection.
- If the blades are auto adjustable, you will save a lot of time.
- easy to use
- easy to install
- a good speed
- considerable price
- good brand value
These were some of the specifications that a good vinyl cutter has, but there are some other factors too. You must consider your needs and requirements too. Before you look out for the above-given specifications, list down your needs and complexity of your design make a purchase accordingly.
The best vinyl cutters
The best vinyl cutting machines that are used by most of the people are the silhouette America Portrait Vinyl Cutting Machine; the Cricut Explore Air Wireless Vinyl Cutting Machine and the USCutter MH 34 inches Vinyl Cutting Machine, etc.