Get a Stunning Look with these New York Wedding Fashion Ideas
All though all eyes are usually on the bride and groom on their wedding day, it is not a reason for you not to dress to impress as a guest especially if you are in New York. Thus, you will do well to begin shopping for appropriate wedding fashion as soon as you receive the invite. Generally, the rules of wedding attire etiquette for guests dictate how guests should dress on the D-day, usually guided by the location, theme as well as time of day.
Picking your New York Wedding fashion can be particularly daunting because you are shopping for a dress that you will usually not wear to other days. Even then, you also do not want to be left out. The truth is that you do not have to go out of your way to look good at a wedding as you can simply shop at one of the fashion wholesale stores for pieces that will bring out the best of you while also being relevant to the occasion.
When shopping for wedding fashions consider the following tips:
- Do not wear a dress if it is not your thing. Yes. Just because it is a wedding, you do not need to defy your style tenets and end up feeling awkward. There are numerous mannish pieces that you can wear and still look great like a modern day Bianca Jagger. Take time to browse through various fashion websites and you can be sure to find something that suits you just fine.
- Keep in mind that the idea is to look formal and not showy or inoffensively groomed. You will look better when you wear dresses that spell elegance as opposed to those that are too showy. Most importantly, ensure comfort because you will need to dance and eat loads for longer.
- Wear comfortable shoes. This cannot be overemphasized. Wearing insanely high heels that you are not used to can only mean that you will be uncomfortable hence end up limping and grimacing at the expense of the party. Get a right fitting shoe that complements your outfit so that you can comfortably take to the dance floor and enjoy the moment.
So just what is the attire etiquette for weddings about? Here are some fashion wedding dos and don’ts to keep in mind:
- You can wear black to the wedding. The tradition of ladies not wearing black is non-existent. Even then, you must accessorize it with a bright colored blazer or scarf. Most of all, black should be avoided at daytime weddings.
- Refrain from wearing ivory or white colored clothes. These colors are usually left for the bride hence wearing them is not right. While at it avoid miniskirts and plunging necklines.
- Do not wear jeans even if it is a casual themed wedding. Wearing jeans is a no-no instead you can speak to an expert to guide you on the right attire for casual themed weddings.
- Choose a dress that expresses your fashion and style. You want to look well to look your best at the wedding.
In summary, always take time when choosing your wedding fashion while paying attention to small details like comfort.