Many people find it relaxing to sit across a cozy fireplace. It is indeed a comfortable thing to do. Warmth of flames and the stories told around it makes it a beautiful addition to the house. This is why most homeowners are considering to add a fireplace to their house.
There are different types of fireplaces available in the market today. However, electric fireplace is the most popular one. But it is further categorized into a number of classifications. Below are listed some types of popular electric fireplace:
- Electric fireplace mantels
This fireplace comes with two basic components. A distinct mantel that houses the firebox and a vent-free firebox that comes with a realistic flame effect. It can be plugged into any 120 volt wall outlet. These mantels come in different colors, designs and finishes which makes it an appealing option to choose. Some of them are even doubled as media consoles. It even features multiple shelves to increase storage area. A television can be placed in the area to give it an attractive look.
- Wall-mount electric fireplaces
These models are available in hanging models which can also be directly inserted into dry walls. A mounting hardware is typically required so that it can be installed. Owner’s manual is often provided with easy-to-understand instructions. However, most homeowners require a professional to assist them with installation so that is installed according to the building code.
- Electric fireplace inserts
These are inserts that are specifically designed to fit inside the existing fireplaces. It may include brick hearth or steel-lined. This fireplace even features LED inner glow logs. The pulsating embers provide a realistic flame effect that enhances the overall aesthetic appearance. The fireplace is also easier to setup and install. Fireplace just needs to be plugged into a 120-volt outlet. These inserts can be operated with or without the heat as well. You just need to center it inside the fireplace.
Why electric fireplaces?
Electric fireplaces have increased in popularity in the recent times. They are amazing alternative to conventional fireplaces. Since they are available in different types, they are highly popular amongst home owners.
Here are some benefits of using electric fireplaces:
- There are no fumes associated with electric fireplaces. All you need to plug it into a socket and turn it on. The light creates realistic appearance of flames rather than producing real flames. No gas is been used which makes it more eco-friendly.
- There low maintenance required with electric fireplaces. When a real wood is burnt, you need to clean up the ashes. Chimney needs to be maintained on regular basis. No such hassles are associated with this option.
- It is energy-efficient. An electric fireplace is an ideal way to heat up the room without increasing the electricity bill. This is also termed as supplemental heating.
- There is a wide variety available in the market. You can choose any option that complements the existing décor.