Ghostlight Records celebrated the release of Prince of Broadway. Director Harold Prince sat down Jason Robert Brown for a conversation about his legendary, six-decade Broadway career at the Barnes and Noble on at 150 East 86th Street.
The conversation celebrated the the Prince of Broadway cast album, which Brown co-produced and provided new songs, arrangements, orchestrations, and music supervision for. The event also featured musical performances from the cast.
Prince co-directed Prince of Broadway, which featured both biographical material and songs from many of the shows that earned him a record 21 Tony Awards, including the original productions of Damn Yankees, West Side Story, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret, Company, Follies, A Little Night Music, Sweeney Todd, Evita, Merrily We Roll Along, The Phantom of the Opera, Parade, and Kiss of the Spider Woman, as well as revivals of Show Boat and Candide.
The track listing follows:
2. Heart (Damn Yankees)
3. Something’s Coming (Intro)/Tonight (West Side Story)
4. Tonight at Eight (She Loves Me)
5. Will He Like Me? (She Loves Me)
6. You’ve Got Possibilities (It’s a Bird…It’s a Plane…It’s Superman)
7. The Right Girl (Follies)
8. If I Were A Rich Man (Fiddler on the Roof)
9. Cabaret (Cabaret)
10. So What? (Cabaret)
11. Company Prelude (Company)
12. Ladies Who Lunch (Company)
13. Being Alive (Company)
14. Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina (Evita)
15. Ol’ Man River (Show Boat)
16. Now You Know (Merrily We Roll Along)
17. This Is Not Over Yet (Parade)
18. Dressing Them Up (Kiss of the Spider Woman)
19. The Worst Pies in London (Sweeney Todd)
20. Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (The Phantom of the Opera)
21. Music of the Night (The Phantom of the Opera)
22. Do the Work (Jason Robert Brown – Original Song)
The cast recording preserves the performances of Prince of Broadway‘s complete original Broadway cast, including Tony Award winner Chuck Cooper (Caroline, or Change), Janet Dacal (In the Heights, Good Vibrations)
Bryonha Marie Parham (After Midnight, Porgy & Bess), Tony Award nominee Emily Skinner (Side Show, The Full Monty), two-time Tony Award nominee Brandon Uranowitz (Falsettos, An American in Paris), Kaley Ann Voorhees (The Phantom of the Opera, Candide), Michael Xavier (Sunset Boulevard), Tony Award nominee Tony Yazbeck (On the Town, Gypsy),
and Tony Award winner Karen Ziemba (Contact, Curtains).