It is only a recent development that feminine sanitary products have taken a leap in the modern market and there are lots of varieties of these products available. Women can choose their sanitary products according to comfort, their prices, and the brands. While pads and tampons have been the most popular choice of sanitary products amongst females, the menstrual cup has taken over the feminine sanitary product market by a revolution.
The Menstrual Cup is a small or medium sized silicone cup like structure which is inserted into the female genitalia. The product opens up, just like a small cup and it can hold the menstrual blood so as to not cause any leakages or spills. It can be safely removed with the help of a little funnel like tip, which is used to pull the cup out of its place. The product is cost effective, environmentally safe and reusable.
If you are wondering whether you should make the switch from pads and tampons to a menstrual cup or not, here are some of the reasons why the menstrual cup is far more superior and the best choice for women.
- Women spend a huge amount of money in their entire lifetime on female sanitary products. However, a menstrual cup typically lasts forever or at least for many, many years, if used carefully! It can be used and reused and thus is a very economical option for women, who would typically end up spending a large amount of money on other kinds of sanitary products such as tampons and pads.
- One of the greatest benefits of using a menstrual cup is that you do not need to keep changing it after a few hours. A pad must be changed every 3 hours and a tampon can be kept in only for 6 hours in order to really maintain your hygiene. However, menstrual cups are much safer and can be used for 12 hours at a time without changing.
- The fear of leakage and spillage is very real for every woman. Pads and even tampons are quite prone to leakage and spillage, and this can be a real cause of embarrassment for women. However, the menstrual cups are far more safer when it comes to the fear of leakage or spillage. The menstrual cup is designed in such a fashion that it sits comfortable inside without causing any kind of discomfort, as it collects the menstrual blood without causing any kind of leakage. Women can continue on with their daily activities while wearing a menstrual cup without the fear of spilling out on to their underwear or their clothes and causing embarrassing staining.
- Menstrual cups are available in different sizes so that there can be a perfect fit for every woman. Click here to find out more information about the menstrual cup.
- Another big advantage of the menstrual cup is that they can hold five times the amount of menstrual blood as compared to a tampon, so the menstrual cup is actually much more beneficial to women who have a heavier flow.
- As compared to tampons and pads, menstrual cups do not contain any additives, and are thus much safer and much more hygienic for a woman’s health.
- TSS or Toxic Shock Syndrome is a huge risk which women face when they use sanitary products like pads and tampons. The cotton, or the constant friction caused by wearing cotton pads and tampons can cause cuts in the sensitive areas, which are then exposed to menstrual blood. This becomes a cesspool for bacterial growth and activity. This can cause a deadly condition known as Toxic Shock Syndrome, which can even be fatal. The risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome is greatly reduced with the use of a Menstrual Cup.
- The constant friction which occurs while wearing a tampon and pad can cause all kinds of rashes and burns to occur in the sensitive parts of a woman. However, all of these irritations are completely eliminated when you wear a menstrual cup.
- One of the worst parts about wearing a pad or tampon during sleep is the constant discomfort and the fear of staining your sheets. However, the menstrual cup fits in perfectly inside a woman, almost feeling as if you are not wearing anything at all. There is absolutely no leakage or spillage; no matter what kind of position you sleep in at night! This allows you to enjoy a peaceful night of sleep without worrying about spillage or staining your clothes or your bed.
- Continue with all of your everyday activities such as running, exercise, work, and swimming while wearing a menstrual cup.
These are some of the many reasons why switching to menstrual cups would be a much better and safer option for women as compared to other sanitary products.